Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So the neighbor came by, I smelled delicious pork butt being smoked all day yesterday.

He brought us lunch and dinner

20201019_101102.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Cook it in the garage.

I talked big game and failed miserably.

Got home to a pissed off baby who hadn't slept much today but fell asleep on my chest and I was not going to move and disrupt her.

Burned a free dominos pizza coupon.

Flank steak is better marinated two nights anyways. :rofl:

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
So an update to the Mississippi Pot Roast (slow cooker).
Overall it was a 8/10.
A few things I would do different for next time. One would be to have more green bell peppers. I'd also add them in maybe 2-3 hours before it was fully done.
With the pepercinni's, I would cut the stems off. The directions said you can just dump them whole as they would cook down and be really soft. While most were, the few that were not, weren't pleasant to get. To solve that just hack them off before cooking.
I'd also start it way soon since the meat literally took 12 hours to get soft enough to shred with a fork.
Over all it was really good and I would make it again.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So an update to the Mississippi Pot Roast (slow cooker).
Overall it was a 8/10.
A few things I would do different for next time. One would be to have more green bell peppers. I'd also add them in maybe 2-3 hours before it was fully done.
With the pepercinni's, I would cut the stems off. The directions said you can just dump them whole as they would cook down and be really soft. While most were, the few that were not, weren't pleasant to get. To solve that just hack them off before cooking.
I'd also start it way soon since the meat literally took 12 hours to get soft enough to shred with a fork.
Over all it was really good and I would make it again.

i just do sliced ones when i do it cuz then it's a dump and go sitch.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Prepared Mississippi potroast last night for dinner with my folks tonight. I just took it out of the fridge and set the crock pot to go baby go.
The smell already is amazing. Doing a potato / sweet potato mash to accompany it. Nom Nom Nom.
My Wife made that for the first time Tuesday night. Think she found it on Pintrest. We ate it over egg noodles and had mashed on the side.
I loved it and actually have left overs today for lunch

Reactions: SirMarco

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I went to Chipolte after the gym yesterday. I gave the carne asada a try a while back and I was not a fan of it.
Well I decided to give it another go. I have been converted. It was so dam good. Plus side also that the chick who made my burrito put so much of everything she couldn't fold it and had to get a second tortilla to use.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
I went to Chipolte after the gym yesterday. I gave the carne asada a try a while back and I was not a fan of it.
Well I decided to give it another go. I have been converted. It was so dam good. Plus side also that the chick who made my burrito put so much of everything she couldn't fold it and had to get a second tortilla to use.

Had it a few times last year and enjoyed it. Been craving it lately since there isn’t a chipotle nearby. I went a few weeks ago but wasn’t an option. I thought it was a permanent item.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
We did Mississippi Pot Roast last week and I used sliced banana peppers instead of the pepperoncini. Big mistake, they cooked down to almost nothing. I also topped it off with beef brother. The meat was phenomenal but there was just too much juice. Next time I'd do 2 jars of real pepperoncini and a fraction of the beef broth. I also used a rump roast and it shredded with a fork.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info