Food / Drink Whats for dinner tonight TCG?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Half an hour more simmering until it's ready. Can't wait!

yzEUXPQ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ChrisRac

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
It's ready!

dHvQ9do.jpg

Man, I need to make this more often. So easy and so good. I used Giada's recipe with red wine instead of Marsala because I didn't have any. Might be better with the red wine.

PyPem4I.jpg

I used her recipe because it's good. Not because I like to see her boobs. ? Remeber to give the alcohol time to burn off before adding the tomato paste and tomatoes. It may be bitter if you don't. Giada rushed it a little for TV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3vZcAbVyY

Reactions: torquelover

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
It's ready!

dHvQ9do.jpg

Man, I need to make this more often. So easy and so good. I used Giada's recipe with red wine instead of Marsala because I didn't have any. Might be better with the red wine.

PyPem4I.jpg

I used her recipe because it's good. Not because I like to see her boobs. ? Remeber to give the alcohol time to burn off before adding the tomato paste and tomatoes. It may be bitter if you don't. Giada rushed it a little for TV.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3vZcAbVyY

Pro-tip... her name is pronounced “Jah-duh” and gets really pissed when someone calls her “Gee-ya-duh.”

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I had some friends over and made chicken piccata. Another easy and tasty dinner. Prep takes a little time with halving and pounding the breasts but it's not hard to make. Pound it in a big ziplock rather than saran wrap. Chef John has a good recipe. I added some butter to the oil in the pan for more flavor but followed the rest pretty closely. Served it over linguine. I had 12 pieces of chicken so I doubled the sauce.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I wanted to get rid of the Easter ham so I chopped it up into bite size pieces and saute'd it in oil.

Amy made some fettuccine pasta and I made an alfredo sauce. Diced onions, garlic, gently cooked almost to caramelization. Added a lot of butter and some white wine. Seasoned with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg. Once the alcohol burned off I added cream and simmered to reduce. Added 2 egg yolks to give it some deeper flavor and more thickening. Once it thickened to the point I wanted, I added some grated parmesan and romano cheeses.

Doesn't look like anything special but the flavor is phenomenal. So much more depth than Olive Garden.

QsjbLU8.jpg

Thread Info