🥤 What's everyone drinking tonight?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Had one left. Catching what is left of the sun for today.

22ECEC86-C585-4AAC-BA11-2705F41EB2F6.jpg

Shawn1112 Shawn1112

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I saw some Lite beers in the cooler when we hit 4 bars in Siesta Key this weekend. Reminded me of Chicago.

I asked about what good tequila they had and the hot bartender mentioned Casa Azul. How much? $80 a shot. You can buy a bottle for $150. What a ripoff. I ended up going with Titos vodka and club soda with a lime.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Nice! Where do you usually get your kegs? Looking to broaden my keg options with my new keezer.
I use my local mom and pop liquor store in town. I give him a list and he checks venders and gets back. Been suprised at what he's been able to get me. Last year he got me a 1/6 Old Rasputin Nitro keg. If nothing on my list available, he'll send me screen shot of what he can currently get.

Not sure where you're located, but Flight bottle shop in Yorkville, or Iron and glass in Romeoville would be good to deal with if you want something unique. I've used Flight before and had a good experience.

If you call a local brewery, they'll probably sell you a keg. I always have a keg of Penrose beer on hand, whenever i go back i bring them back the empty keg and pick up a full one.

If you got a keezer, you'll probably run into the same problem I frequently do, most breweries prefer to sell the 1/2 barrels. Or another bummer is that some breweries charge too much for their 1/6 kegs. I love Marz brewing, but everything they sell is like 140ish bucks for 1/6 keg.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I use my local mom and pop liquor store in town. I give him a list and he checks venders and gets back. Been suprised at what he's been able to get me. Last year he got me a 1/6 Old Rasputin Nitro keg. If nothing on my list available, he'll send me screen shot of what he can currently get.

Not sure where you're located, but Flight bottle shop in Yorkville, or Iron and glass in Romeoville would be good to deal with if you want something unique. I've used Flight before and had a good experience.

If you call a local brewery, they'll probably sell you a keg. I always have a keg of Penrose beer on hand, whenever i go back i bring them back the empty keg and pick up a full one.

If you got a keezer, you'll probably run into the same problem I frequently do, most breweries prefer to sell the 1/2 barrels. Or another bummer is that some breweries charge too much for their 1/6 kegs. I love Marz brewing, but everything they sell is like 140ish bucks for 1/6 keg.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve been meaning to check with some local breweries, I’m in Brookfield, just haven’t done so yet. I’ve looked through Binny’s a bit and found a decent selection. So far, I’ve just bought directly from Revolution, Half Acre and Goose Island. Those first two having a good selection of most of their beers while GI is only like 3, which is disappointing.

Reactions: MEATeorite

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve been meaning to check with some local breweries, I’m in Brookfield, just haven’t done so yet. I’ve looked through Binny’s a bit and found a decent selection. So far, I’ve just bought directly from Revolution, Half Acre and Goose Island. Those first two having a good selection of most of their beers while GI is only like 3, which is disappointing.
I frequently get 1/6ers from Buckledown and 5 Rabbit which are by you.

Reactions: Jfrost

Thread Info