What's everyone drinking tonight?

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I use my local mom and pop liquor store in town. I give him a list and he checks venders and gets back. Been suprised at what he's been able to get me. Last year he got me a 1/6 Old Rasputin Nitro keg. If nothing on my list available, he'll send me screen shot of what he can currently get.

Not sure where you're located, but Flight bottle shop in Yorkville, or Iron and glass in Romeoville would be good to deal with if you want something unique. I've used Flight before and had a good experience.

If you call a local brewery, they'll probably sell you a keg. I always have a keg of Penrose beer on hand, whenever i go back i bring them back the empty keg and pick up a full one.

If you got a keezer, you'll probably run into the same problem I frequently do, most breweries prefer to sell the 1/2 barrels. Or another bummer is that some breweries charge too much for their 1/6 kegs. I love Marz brewing, but everything they sell is like 140ish bucks for 1/6 keg.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve been meaning to check with some local breweries, I’m in Brookfield, just haven’t done so yet. I’ve looked through Binny’s a bit and found a decent selection. So far, I’ve just bought directly from Revolution, Half Acre and Goose Island. Those first two having a good selection of most of their beers while GI is only like 3, which is disappointing.

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve been meaning to check with some local breweries, I’m in Brookfield, just haven’t done so yet. I’ve looked through Binny’s a bit and found a decent selection. So far, I’ve just bought directly from Revolution, Half Acre and Goose Island. Those first two having a good selection of most of their beers while GI is only like 3, which is disappointing.
I frequently get 1/6ers from Buckledown and 5 Rabbit which are by you.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
If in Brookfield check to see if you can get some kegs from Imperial Oak, those guys make really solid beers.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
If in Brookfield check to see if you can get some kegs from Imperial Oak, those guys make really solid beers.
For sure, been going to the original location in Willow Springs since they opened. I was real excited when I heard they were opening in Brookfield, it’s literally at the end of my street a half mile away.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Reaction score
Drinking high life and watching the newest 1320 video.

Side note for those who follow 1320; I fucking hate Fred, I'll only watch Kyle videos.

PXL_20211015_234218053.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Hey! It's Friday! I lose track when Amy's not in town. Gotta show homes tomorrow but it's in the afternoon so it's time for a drink or two. Where's the tequila?

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
For sure, been going to the original location in Willow Springs since they opened. I was real excited when I heard they were opening in Brookfield, it’s literally at the end of my street a half mile away.
Man, i had Cummins engine training for a week in Hodgkins and went to Imperial Oak afterward a couple days. They had two stouts that i really enjoyed. Didnt really have anything i didnt like there, and I've got a pretty broad spectrum of beers i like.

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Reaction score
Crowler from someone's local grocery.

Hefe of some sort. Real nice. 5/7 perfect score

received_2938313896423096.jpeg

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Reaction score
Dixie beer outta New Orleans either changed names or got bought by these guys, some coonass sounding name. I think it's fow-borg pronunciation. Either way they came up with this banger, 5/7 for sure. Czech style pils

PXL_20211019_230932530.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Went on......a bit of a tear at total wine tonight

Thanks to MEATeorite MEATeorite for the moose drool cravings, and winter solstice is out!! So of course I need that. Kraken........just because Kraken. But whats on the menu tonight

the Shimauta Japanese whisky. It's a rice whisky aged 10 years in virgin white oak barrels. It's an $80 bottle but I got 10% off so I ONLY paid $72.

And man is it good. Almost no harshness at all, but very flavorful and definitely more on the sweet side, which is my jam. Money well spent. Especially after the fucking day I've had.

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
King Sue kicked. Was a nice ride. SOB Snaggle tooth bandana on.

Blackboard needs an update, I've been slacking. Moose drool and solemn oath need to go up.
20211030_200700.jpeg

MEATeorite

Addict
Reaction score
Went on......a bit of a tear at total wine tonight

Thanks to MEATeorite MEATeorite for the moose drool cravings, and winter solstice is out!! So of course I need that. Kraken........just because Kraken. But whats on the menu tonight

the Shimauta Japanese whisky. It's a rice whisky aged 10 years in virgin white oak barrels. It's an $80 bottle but I got 10% off so I ONLY paid $72.

And man is it good. Almost no harshness at all, but very flavorful and definitely more on the sweet side, which is my jam. Money well spent. Especially after the fucking day I've had.
That haul looks delicious

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom