💬 OT ðŸ¥¤ What's everyone drinking tonight?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Gentlemen, #1

20210127_165041.jpg

Reactions: RedBeard

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
ChrisRac ChrisRac picked up dat beer tonight. Will dive into it tomorrow night after work.

Also since that KBS stout from Founders impressed me so damn much a couple weeks ago I saw this and it raised my eyebrow so I picked some up to see what it's like. Called Blushing Monk

DywtNE5XcAEiDtp.jpg

Brewed with a ridiculous amount of raspberries for tart yet luscious raspberry-jam character and fermented with Belgian yeast for subtle fruit and spice esters.

Think it's "only" about 9.2%, but I do still have a 12% stout leftover....

Reactions: Z28Camaro

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Met up with an old military friend at a restaurant and had one of these. Would definitely have more of these if I weren’t driving

View attachment 80058

Just popped the first one open. oooh yeah this goes down smooth. this suff is quite deceiving, you look at it, and you don't think its going to smell or taste the way it does. too bad its only like 4.6% :ROFLMAO: But i do still have that 12%'er if it comes to it.

Reactions: ChrisRac

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
That dark Yuengling is like the complete opposite of Miller Lite.

Since I discovered Wallmart has El Tesoro tequila for a low (comparably) price, I have treated myself to a bottle every couple weeks. Stuff is damned good. Very sip-able and gets better as you drink it. Great buzz, too. One of these days I will pick up the extra anejo version which is $100+ a bottle.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
That dark Yuengling is like the complete opposite of Miller Lite.

Since I discovered Wallmart has El Tesoro tequila for a low (comparably) price, I have treated myself to a bottle every couple weeks. Stuff is damned good. Very sip-able and gets better as you drink it. Great buzz, too. One of these days I will pick up the extra anejo version which is $100+ a bottle.
Is tequila something you can drink straight? I like the taste but have only ever done shots of Patron Silver.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
No offense but Patron is not great tequila. They are a huge corp that cuts corners and adds fillers which any good tequila company won't do. Check out tequila hombre on youtube if you want some expert reviews. I learned a lot about tequila by watching his videos. He has had top producers answer some of my questions, too, in his live episodes.

The old school companies mash and cook the tequila the old ways and don't add artificial products to them. They're smoother, don't bite you at the end nearly as much and have flavor rather than burn. No limes necessary.

Try El Tesoro or G4 if you want to try some higher rated tequilas. They're fairly easy to find. As far as types, Blanco is fresh Agave tequila flavor. A bit sharper and more natural Agave flavor. Reposado is aged 2-12 months in barrels and picks up some aging/barrel flavors. Anejo is aged 1 year to 3 years and extra anejo is aged longer with more barrel subtleties. The longer the aging, the deeper the flavor and the higher the cost. Extra Anejos can be in the hundreds of dollars. The type of barrels they are aged in makes a difference. For instance, some are aged in new barrels while others are aged in cognac or whiskey barrels and pick up flavors from the barrels.

An interesting point is the good tequilas are like good wine. There are subtle differences between batches. Some batches are good and some are really good. The bottles have info on what NOM number and what batch the tequila comes from.

Here's Tequila Hombre's top 5 Blancos video. He has other videos on many Reposados and Anejos.

Here's an Extra Anejo review on El Tesoro.

Thread Info