🚘 Automotive whatd you do for your car today.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Swapped all my front suspension, took about 12 hours with some little issues here and there. Still need to grease the ball joints and align it.

1713209113514.png

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Tried to figure out where the vibration/rubbing noise is coming from seemed to start after the clutch was installed. I had it up in ramps and the hood open when I hit the header with my hand I could hear it up top somewhere. Had my neighbor come over to listen and determined it was from a hood support that we pretty loose at the joint and making the sound. Totally not what I was expecting but took it off lubed it up and reattached it. Not sure if that is the noise I’m even hearing but whatever l’ll drive it around and see. At least everything seems tight I guess so it shouldn’t fall apart on the cruise. Then gave it a much needed wash so it’s clean for the cruise next weekend!

IMG_7028.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Tried to figure out where the vibration/rubbing noise is coming from seemed to start after the clutch was installed. I had it up in ramps and the hood open when I hit the header with my hand I could hear it up top somewhere. Had my neighbor come over to listen and determined it was from a hood support that we pretty loose at the joint and making the sound. Totally not what I was expecting but took it off lubed it up and reattached it. Not sure if that is the noise I’m even hearing but whatever l’ll drive it around and see. At least everything seems tight I guess so it shouldn’t fall apart on the cruise. Then gave it a much needed wash so it’s clean for the cruise next weekend!

View attachment 204370
I was going to wash mine this afternoon, pre-cruise. But it sits outside 365, and it’ll just get filthy from the next few days of rain.

• Sad
Reactions: IDAFC21 and JFish75

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.

View attachment 204370
So sounds like the header is rubbing on the cross member. It was a tight fit when I originally installed them but must have gotten re-situated when the pulled the exhaust for the clutch. Anyway it’s a little annoying but not gonna stop me from going on the cruise. I tried to pry it back a little but not sure if it really did anything. Oh well maybe a project for another day, or even better maybe it fixes itself after enough heat cycles, lol.

Thread Info