đź’¦ Detailing What would you use on these wheels?

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
My 71 wheels (pretty much the whole car since the updating) have been neglected for the last 2 years. As long as some parts ship out this May (finally!!!) the 'bird should see the light of day in the next couple of months.

The car has been through some hell in that it's been left out next to a shop during a snow storm (unknown to me at the time). It was moved during the same storm on an open trailer approximately 30 miles and the salty mess that coated the car has definitely taken it's toll on some of the bare metal.

I can deal with the car, but would like some opinions on getting the wheels back to being presentable. They aren't terrible, but definitely dull. The caps have some pitting that won't come off after trying different chrome polishes and the tinfoil method. Those are cheap enough to replace if it bothers me enough. The Billet wheels are definitely not.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Powerball buffing wheel and a cordless drill. Turtlewax Wheel Polish has served me well over the years.

Do not camp out in one spot, work around back and forth for best results. The buffing compound will work, just get things better evenly, don't try to perfect one area and move on, you will get blotchy results.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Not sure where to find it anymore but when I was detailing chrome like that we used acidic wheel cleaner. Takes those spots and haze right off. I would recommend wearing gloves, applying to a rag and whiping the chrome parts.

Rinse well and use some Nevr-Dull to buff out and polish the chrome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info