What would you do; Spend my money

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Another thread you said 6500 loaded ish?

Leaves less than a thousand pounds...

Too much. And it's not a fix. It's a bandaid. The rust will come back.

i was thinking about the GVWR or whatever it was;

trailer Dry is 4500 per mfg; I assume it has 500lbs if “stuff” between the tanks; water, and shit onboard, maybe more.

The Burbs cargo with dogs,gear, and 3 rows of people can be another ~1000-1500lbs, 6500 is every ounce of worst case In total.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Reactions: Dasfinc

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

trailer Dry is 4500 per mfg; I assume it has 500lbs if “stuff” between the tanks; water, and shit onboard, maybe more.

The Burbs cargo with dogs,gear, and 3 rows of people can be another ~1000-1500lbs, 6500 is every ounce of worst case In total.

GVWR should be printed on the trailer. Accounts for propane, fresh, grey and black water tanks and rated gear.

Reactions: Yaj Yak and Dasfinc

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Dude three rows of people 1000-1500lbs?

Theres eight seats there.

I'm 250lbs clothed with things in my pocket.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ford Expo or Navigator.

I had an 2007 Navigator and loved it. Towed shitbox wbodies on heavy bigtex flat deck trailers multiple times. With trailer brake installrd in the Navi is towed great. I replaced one thing on that vehicle in 3 years. Passenger side exhaust manifold gasket thats it. No battery. No tires. No brakes Nothing else. It was a fucking great vehicle. Id love a new Ecoboost Navi as I mentioned on page 1. But if thats too much for budget the Older Expos go for pennies compared to fucking Tahoes and Suburbans everyine faps their balls to.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Looking at Trucks down south; they seem to be priced well... "Inline", and far from affordable enough to make a cross country gamble drive to deal with a trade-in honestly...

After driving the 2016 Expedition, I think a 2016-2017 Limited seems to be the right choice from a Cost/Features/Quality standpoint, let alone that I actually REALLY liked it during the test drive more than a comparable suburban.

Driving the Expo back to back from a Burb; it's pretty clear that driving dynamics wise the Expo is waaaaaay nicer on a "Dealing with every day" standpoint. All of the Limited Trucks also come with Max tow as factory standard (9200lbs).

I'm going to sit on everything for another month or two since we just sold our old house for credit to stabilize and ensure I get the best rates possible.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Looking at Trucks down south; they seem to be priced well... "Inline", and far from affordable enough to make a cross country gamble drive to deal with a trade-in honestly...

After driving the 2016 Expedition, I think a 2016-2017 Limited seems to be the right choice from a Cost/Features/Quality standpoint, let alone that I actually REALLY liked it during the test drive more than a comparable suburban.

Driving the Expo back to back from a Burb; it's pretty clear that driving dynamics wise the Expo is waaaaaay nicer on a "Dealing with every day" standpoint. All of the Limited Trucks also come with Max tow as factory standard (9200lbs).

I'm going to sit on everything for another month or two since we just sold our old house for credit to stabilize and ensure I get the best rates possible.

post some links.

also you're going to get absolutely bent the fuck over trading in a rusty suburban anywhere you go, i wouldn't even be looking at that as an option if that's your plan.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
post some links.

also you're going to get absolutely bent the fuck over trading in a rusty suburban anywhere you go, i wouldn't even be looking at that as an option if that's your plan.

Nonono; The burb I'm just going to sell local on Marketplace; someone in West Chicago will love it I'm sure.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Oh also. My words about the 6 speed, it really doesn't seem that they are as bullet proof as everyone makes them out to be. daturbosix daturbosix how many 6l80e's you get to fux with?

quite a few! just finished up a 2015 silverado that cooked itself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info