On Topic What Will Be Cancelled Next?

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
We've seen Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's, Mr. Potatohead, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln all cancelled. We've seen calls to cancel the Grand Theft Auto video game series. What will be cancelled next?!?!

Dr. Seuss books now cancelled.....

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I mean...its 6 books...and did you read the descriptions of why?

Seems like trash to be teaching kids to begin with....its not like these are targeted towards adults.

Two specific examples, according to the study, are found in the books "The Cat's Quizzer: Are YOU Smarter Than the Cat in the Hat?" and "If I Ran the Zoo."

"In ("The Cat's Quizzer"), the Japanese character is referred to as 'a Japanese,' has a bright yellow face, and is standing on what appears to be Mt. Fuji," the authors wrote.

"The three (and only three) Asian characters who are not wearing conical hats are carrying a White male on their heads in 'If I Ran the Zoo.' The White male is not only on top of, and being carried by, these Asian characters, but he is also holding a gun, illustrating dominance. The text beneath the Asian characters describes them as 'helpers who all wear their eyes at a slant' from 'countries no one can spell.'"

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

Seems like trash to be teaching kids to begin with....its not like these are targeted towards adults.
Yeah, it doesnt sound like these ones were too "out of bounds" at all. It's not like they banned Cat in the Hat..... At least for now.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
1614692422402.png

Ill disagree with the whole white man with a gun portraying dominance bullshit after finding the exact scene as its obvious he was hunting for the animal to capture and take to the zoo, but it's not going to let me lose sleep at night that theyre stopping production of these books.

Everyone run out and buy the whole collection so in 100 years you can sell it for a fortune.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
There are some leftover artifacts from days past we probably shouldn’t be using to teach kids with, this isn’t it.

By today’s standards it’s insensitive at worst. We all know there isn’t middle ground ceded on anything though.

I think something as mild as this is a great learning opportunity to bring up why it’s not acceptable anymore with children who are old enough. Or you can simply avoid the book.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
There are some leftover artifacts from days past we probably shouldn’t be using to teach kids with, this isn’t it.

By today’s standards it’s insensitive at worst. We all know there isn’t middle ground ceded on anything though.

I think something as mild as this is a great learning opportunity to bring up why it’s not acceptable anymore with children who are old enough. Or you can simply avoid the book.
I can see that as well. You are 100% right, this could actually be used as a learning lesson as well.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m 33, and I can remember having lessons about banned books from the past while still in grade school. It was a good critical thinking lesson.

What is different now vs 60 years ago?
Why is this wrong?
Why was this book banned?
Should this book be banned today?

It’s okay to acknowledge something is wrong and learn a lesson from it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember reading Miss. Nelson is missing in 1st grade whilst my teacher Miss. Nelson, taught us.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score

The issue, for me anyway, isn't necessarily the books themselves, it is the continual pussification of society over something one person gets offended over and/or we're trying so hard not to offend anyone, mentality. You can't have a fucking thought anymore without your life being ruined because of this current PC world we live in. I never, ever, as a kid, thought about any offenses when reading this. It wasn't even in my mind. I was just enjoying the book... Now, some adult gets ahold of it, crys foul, and now it has to be banned.

maybe menopause will be renamed womanpause?
I just call it "Mentalpause".

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
what if that fictional cat cartoon character identifies as something other than a white human male?

"The three (and only three) Asian characters who are not wearing conical hats are carrying a White male on their heads in 'If I Ran the Zoo.' The White male is not only on top of, and being carried by, these Asian characters, but he is also holding a gun, illustrating dominance.
no mention of the animal abuse? Look at that fictional cartoon cat locked up in that undersized cage, how dare they.

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Im surprised all the old Warner bros cartoon film havent been burned. Some of those bugs bunny and daffy duck cartoons are super racist...lol Not that I care. But man they are bad. Tom and Jerry as well with the mammy two shoes maid ones.

1614706906186.png

Mammy Two Shoes (sometimes Mrs. Two Shoes) is a fictional character in MGM's Tom and Jerry cartoons. She is a heavy-set middle-aged black woman who often has to deal with the mayhem generated by the lead characters.
As a partially seen character, she was famous for never showing her face (except very briefly in Saturday Evening Puss).
Mammy's appearances have often been edited out, dubbed, or re-animated as a slim white woman in later television showings, since her character is a mammy archetype now often regarded as racist.[1]
Her character was greatly inspired by Oscar-winning black actress and singer Hattie McDaniel, best known for playing "Mammy" in MGM and David O. Selznick's 1939 film Gone with the Wind.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Cleveland Indians will be known as something else soon. I can understand changing the logo, but I didn't think the name was offensive. But, I'm not Native American so there isn't any possible way for me to possibly understand their point of view. Right? ;)

Meanwhile, no complaints about the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Minnesota Vikings, etc...

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Im surprised all the old Warner bros cartoon film havent been burned. Some of those bugs bunny and daffy duck cartoons are super racist...lol Not that I care. But man they are bad. Tom and Jerry as well with the mammy two shoes maid ones.

View attachment 82401

I was just gonna state in my review of the T&J movie, despite all the other animated characters, there was no Mammy Two Shoes. I'm not surprised...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
U.S. Soccer Council member fired for exercising his 1st amendment right to state his opinions. Cancel Culture is growing in strength. Let's call it what it is. Fascism.

A patriotic Paralympic soccer player is defending his actions despite being removed from the U.S. Soccer Council on account of them.

In a Twitter post Sunday, 38-year-old Seth Jahn said he would “never apologize for the statements he made.” He also noted that he was embarrassed to have represented such a hypocritical federation.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Order confirmed​
Hi Alexander​
We'll let you know when your order is on its way, and you won't be charged until it ships. You can find your order details below.​
Thanks for being a part of Google Fi!
– Google Fi team

OP
Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard Biden removed Dr. Suess from some reading list and his press secretary refuses to answer why LOL!!! CANCELLED!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom