3800 What went wrong

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
well guys the shop said that I broke a lifter. that was the knocking noise. They are going to change all of them with the rockers and pushrods... So it wont happen again... Thanks again for all the support and Hope to get my first track time within the next 6 weeks or so... 8.26 No way I was joking but that would be cool... Again THANKS Mike for all your help...

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
Good luck with that one....... :rolleyes: Don't be surprized when they tear it all apart and say that your piston has a huge chunck missing and the valves in that cylinder are toast too. <_< I really hope for your sake that all it is a simple lifter but from my own experience I highly doubt it. :ph34r:

S

sr71_rgl

They won't think it's a piston until they replace all the lifters/rockers and PRs and put it all back together again and hear the same old noise. The neads don't come off for a lifters/rockers and thats the best way to see if damage has been done. Most of the time however, noise from a fragged piston goes away when the piece blows out the exhaust valve and the motor runs fine thereafter. Just be happy if they can get the noise to stop and call it a day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info