Gaming What video games were/ are you legitimately good at?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I used to be really good at Street Fighter II turbo but that was before online days so it's pretty hard to gauge against everyone else.

MWII (Mechwarrior II) back on dial up days on MSN Battlezone I was ranked in the top 100 for stock class and ranked #8 in custom's for several months.

Counterstrike was another one I was semi good at, played in several league's. My best friend and I had our own CS server that used to sit on MediaOne's backbone. Literally was tied into the core switch that connected both OC48's. It was just a linux box with a power cable and network jack hidden under a desk in the Elmhurst hub's office. This is now what is today Comcast's network. The server was called -=NOTHSD=- and anyone on that MediaOne (ATT@Home/Comcast) would get sub 20ms pings. This is how I originally met [MENTION=11000]billzrx7[/MENTION]

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
When I used to play MMO's a lot, I was among the top 5 at my class in EQ2. To the point where the devs would accept my feedback and recommendations on the direction the class should take in future expansions. I wasted way too much time on that game. It was a good method to keep my ass out of trouble while I was at University though :rofl:

I try to forget about all the time I wasted on MMO's. I never played EQ2 but wasted a good amount of my life on EQ. Was never very good just an average player.

I completely forgot about Dark Age of Camelot, I jumped ship from EQ to that game and was in the Guild "Fury" which was the top ranked guild on all servers and realms. We were the first to do everything in this game and basically had the whole server vs Fury in PvP and we absolutely destroyed everything. I was an officer and the only Skald so I should be able to say I was #1 in that game until the first expansion came along and it ruined the game. I then ebay'd the account and got almost 3g's for it.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I try to forget about all the time I wasted on MMO's. I never played EQ2 but wasted a good amount of my life on EQ. Was never very good just an average player.

I completely forgot about Dark Age of Camelot, I jumped ship from EQ to that game and was in the Guild "Fury" which was the top ranked guild on all servers and realms. We were the first to do everything in this game and basically had the whole server vs Fury in PvP and we absolutely destroyed everything. I was an officer and the only Skald so I should be able to say I was #1 in that game until the first expansion came along and it ruined the game. I then ebay'd the account and got almost 3g's for it.

I really wish i would have sold my accounts when they were up to date. I ran a botting software at the end, so I had a turn-key group that could do any content. Oh well.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I used to be really good at Street Fighter II turbo but that was before online days so it's pretty hard to gauge against everyone else.

Yep, back in the old days we used to have to go up to Galaxy World on the big screen and there was lines of people with their quarters on the machine for who had next match... :bowrofl:

We used to go to tourneys and all kinds of shit playing MK and SF....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Never got in to video games in my adult life. I was excellent at Mrs Pac Man and Galaga back in the day.

However my son has played in some COD tourneys and won decent amounts of money. He used to be on a team with some professional gamers that live in Barrington. I guess these guys are well known.

Buddies son travels the world playing in tournaments. Iirc he just got back from Japan about 6 weeks ago. He placed in some tourney out there.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Nothing that good in any of the big name games...but some in the free spectrum. Kalimba, Geometry Wars and Assault Android Cactus(my wife loves this game lol)
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] and I used to wreck fools in CoD. The one game up to 75 kills...I think I went like 54-2 lol

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I was on a decent team on the TWL ladder for Tribes 2 as a capper/midfielder. Lost most of my skills at NIU because nobody played these games and the network was shit.

i forgot when you went but i think it was after my student org died no? started in 99/00 i graduated dec 01. turd ran it into the ground by 03. had at least one sputtering restart attempt maybe 2005 but not a serious one.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Best in the world... Um no... But, back in 1983 I could make a quarter last a couple hours of game time playing Dat Iron Horse Arcade
At the bowling alley

Screenshot_20190807-155738_Chrome.jpeg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Never won money, but did a bunch of arcade tournaments at Galaxy World back in the late 90s-early 00s in Street Fighter 3, Capcom VS SNK, and the like. Still play SF5 and pushing to Super Plat, which is nothing, but the announcer lady says Im in the top 15K in the US. :rofl:

At one time our Ultima Online guild was top 10 on uo.com. :io: I actually sold my account on ebay when I started doing car things for about $400.

I used to do Rainbow Road in Mario Kart super circuit over and over as well when on the crapper back in the day. I never looked into it at the time, but I would have been towards the top. I averaged about 18 seconds a lap, which was an average of 54 seconds for a race on that track. I looked it up about a couple years ago and IIRC the fastest was 48 seconds.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I was really good on COD4MW, MW2, & BF1.

In Forza Motorsports I’m in the top 1% lap times for 95+% of the races I’ve done.

The latest season of PUBG I’m at a 20% win ratio for squads.

Think I made it to rank 42 or 43 in team snipers on Halo 2. That seemed like a big deal at the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info