What vehicles should NEVER be LS swapped?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
How about a rule that encompasses everything. Any vehicle is good for an LS swap except:

1. Diesels
2. Any vehicle that makes >90hp/liter stock. That should put all the heap n/a 4.6's, boat anchor v10's, etc on the swap list. It'll also protect exotics from being swapped. Aaand it leaves older, technologically inferior vehicles on the "swap" list..because if I had a '69 327 camaro...that mofo would be swapped YESTERDAY

Now tell me all the holes in my plan because I just thought it up 8 seconds ago

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
82c7b037c1bfcaf7c4cbe26f61560ffa.jpg

This is a joke right? Maybe a built LS7/6sp swap would cost close to that...nothing else

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How about a rule that encompasses everything. Any vehicle is good for an LS swap except:

1. Diesels
2. Any vehicle that makes >80hp/liter stock. That should put all the heap n/a 4.6's, boat anchor v10's, etc on the swap list. It'll also protect exotics from being swapped. Aaand it leaves older, technologically inferior vehicles on the "swap" list..because if I had a '69 327 camaro...that mofo would be swapped YESTERDAY

this rule doesn't entirely work either.

ever heard of any 80's deezul?

all fucking junk.

sweet to swap though because in IL you'll never hear/worry/think/try/anything about emissions.

also. swap an NA 7.3 deezul... ill allow it. 6.5 gm's. get em out of there.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry

1. Diesels
2. Any vehicle that makes >90hp/liter stock. That should put all the heap n/a 4.6's, boat anchor v10's, etc on the swap list. It'll also protect exotics from being swapped. Aaand it leaves older, technologically inferior vehicles on the "swap" list..because if I had a '69 327 camaro...that mofo would be swapped YESTERDAY

1) KJ touched on the diesel dilemma. Also- remember the 80’s oldsmobile diesel g bodies ?

2) This grossly favors modern turbo cars. I mean just about any car made before the 90’s qualifies. This includes some of the rarest and most unique cars of all time and excludes many newer everyday junk 4 cylinder cars.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I remember them when they would still come in, in the 90's, for service. I was shocked to see one in the live again...

Mid 00's I saw a guy, in Florida, donating his MINT AF diesel Olds to the Goodwill. Drove it over, ran "great" (well as great as they could ever run :rofl:

I've got a picture as proof, because I didn't think anyone would believe me :bowrofl:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
If you want to be period correct with the Olds V8 Diesel you "mondello" it and shove a cut down 425 crank in along with a few other bits and end up at 420-440 cubes. Betting a set of worked modern aluminum heads would make it a real goer. Oddly one of the Engine Masters Challenge winners was running a converted block if I remember right. Part of the reason was it used large diameter lifters like a Mopar which is a huge benefit for ramp rates.

I would say swapping in a Dmax instead would be way cooler even though it's been done.

In terms of original topic, don't really care. swap anything. If you're making something cool and it's got big power go for it. The only real qualms I"d have are cars with specific significant historical provenance. A true GNX for instance would be a hard sell for me to see swapped for instance or a TTA.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
If you want to be period correct with the Olds V8 Diesel you "mondello" it and shove a cut down 425 crank in along with a few other bits and end up at 420-440 cubes. Betting a set of worked modern aluminum heads would make it a real goer. Oddly one of the Engine Masters Challenge winners was running a converted block if I remember right. Part of the reason was it used large diameter lifters like a Mopar which is a huge benefit for ramp rates.

Cool, going to have to look up more on this. I ran across "Mondello" but really couldn't find much....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info