3800 what type of car are you gonna get?

after seeing what happened to syp's car, it got me thinkin what if after my warranty is up and i blew my motor what would i get next?
dont get me wrong, i LOVE my GP but dont plan on keeping it forever.
when my warranty is up i may wanna get something else. . i still have a little over a year with my GMPP extended warranty, and was kicking around the idea of something else other than a GP (blasphemy!) since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .
the Subaru's with exhaust and blow off valve sound great in my opinion. .
i love the newer GP's but im not a fan of four door cars. . i have no use for four doors.
i was driving past max madsen mitsubishi the other day and saw a screaming yellow EVO calling my name. . dealership prices suck!
i really really like the 350Z's(especially the burnt orange color), but they gotta be a b***h to drive around in the snow. .thats open for argument, but i sure as hell wouldnt wanna drive one around when its snowing hard out. i dont have a garage either so having TOO nice of a car is inviting a whole other set of problems. ie; thieves,vandals..etc.
GTO's are awesome, but are still too costly for me and just like the 350Z's RWD. so it would be no fun in the snow. .and im not at all a fan of trucks. Lightnings are cool and all, but its still a big a** truck IMO.
the way i see it, SRT-4's, EVO's and WRX's are an all around good auto for Chicagoland driving. (putting flame suit on) and im not a fan of any ricer type auto either..i dont consider Subaru's a ricer, EVO's maybe..
food for thought.

Originally posted by syP@Nov 24 2005, 05:09 PM
Well... since i got little money... i will most likely be getting a SHO taurus or a foxbody 5.0.

If i can get a little help from my parents.. maybe a srt-4 or a relitivly new toyota camry ce 5spd v6.... we will see.
[snapback]104878[/snapback]​

i forgot about those toyotas.. arent the V6's like 280HP stock?
and besides exhaust and intake how do ya mod them to faster?

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I've wanted a Avalanche for some time now. Rented a TrailBlazer not a bad ride either. But right now nothing thrills me enough to sell the GP and start makeing payments. Can't see it being a toyota or honda though. Also I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 years from getting a demo if I can keep my current pace up. So stop looking at dealers and start looking at Carmax.com and letting me know what yoy want.....lol

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM
since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .
i love the newer GP's but im not a fan of four door cars. . i have no use for four doors.

Does this statement not make sense to anyone else either? I didn't know they made evo's and wrx's in a coupe version.

Originally posted by frankenstinesy+Nov 24 2005, 10:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM
since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .

Does this statement not make sense to anyone else either? I didn't know they made evo's and wrx's in a coupe version.
[snapback]104896[/snapback]​
[/b]

i know Evo's are all four doors.. there is a Subaru 2dr. version and i dont know if its an STi or what its called, but they're ALL awd was my point...
sorry for the confusion

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Keeping the GTP as long as possible.........new trans/susp/exhaust/etc.....

Car is still in great shape but if it goes im thinking a small truck like a Frontier extended cab or something.

Then I can do some side jobs and earn a little more money here and there.

After the TA, id like to upgrade to a Z06.........but thats at least 5 years away.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Nov 24 2005, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by frankenstinesy@Nov 24 2005, 10:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM

[snapback]104896[/snapback]​

i know Evo's are all four doors.. there is a Subaru 2dr. version and i dont know if its an STi or what its called, but they're ALL awd was my point...
sorry for the confusion
[snapback]104899[/snapback]​
[/b]

there is a subaru impreza 2.5 rs and its a 2dr but it has no turbo.

and i'm with snr from the people i'vetalked to wrxs are hell in the snow.

Originally posted by sinr247+Nov 24 2005, 06:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Nov 24 2005, 06:33 PM
once this car is paid off, i'll probably trade it in for a tow vehicle... a Tahoe most likely
[snapback]104886[/snapback]​
wrx's suck in snow, buddies got one, its pretty quick, but he says its more rwd then front, even tho its pretty split
[snapback]104887[/snapback]​
[/b]

i wonder if the reason behind wrx's that you guys claim isnt all that good in the snow is cause they're running perofrmance radials?

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by Kyle+Nov 25 2005, 03:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ten32
@Nov 25 2005, 02:54 PM
The 2-door Impreza 2.5RS must be new for this year, because since 2002 there have only been sedans available. 
[snapback]104949[/snapback]​

incorrect

[snapback]104955[/snapback]​
[/b]

they dont have turbos though. lame.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info