• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

what type of car are you gonna get?

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
after seeing what happened to syp's car, it got me thinkin what if after my warranty is up and i blew my motor what would i get next?
dont get me wrong, i LOVE my GP but dont plan on keeping it forever.
when my warranty is up i may wanna get something else. . i still have a little over a year with my GMPP extended warranty, and was kicking around the idea of something else other than a GP (blasphemy!) since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .
the Subaru's with exhaust and blow off valve sound great in my opinion. .
i love the newer GP's but im not a fan of four door cars. . i have no use for four doors.
i was driving past max madsen mitsubishi the other day and saw a screaming yellow EVO calling my name. . dealership prices suck!
i really really like the 350Z's(especially the burnt orange color), but they gotta be a b***h to drive around in the snow. .thats open for argument, but i sure as hell wouldnt wanna drive one around when its snowing hard out. i dont have a garage either so having TOO nice of a car is inviting a whole other set of problems. ie; thieves,vandals..etc.
GTO's are awesome, but are still too costly for me and just like the 350Z's RWD. so it would be no fun in the snow. .and im not at all a fan of trucks. Lightnings are cool and all, but its still a big a** truck IMO.
the way i see it, SRT-4's, EVO's and WRX's are an all around good auto for Chicagoland driving. (putting flame suit on) and im not a fan of any ricer type auto either..i dont consider Subaru's a ricer, EVO's maybe..
food for thought.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Well... since i got little money... i will most likely be getting a SHO taurus or a foxbody 5.0.

If i can get a little help from my parents.. maybe a srt-4 or a relitivly new toyota camry ce 5spd v6.... we will see.

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by syP@Nov 24 2005, 05:09 PM
Well... since i got little money... i will most likely be getting a SHO taurus or a foxbody 5.0.

If i can get a little help from my parents.. maybe a srt-4 or a relitivly new toyota camry ce 5spd v6.... we will see.
[snapback]104878[/snapback]​
i forgot about those toyotas.. arent the V6's like 280HP stock?
and besides exhaust and intake how do ya mod them to faster?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
v6 camry's have 194hp 209tq

they run high 15s in the automatic version... i wanted to get the 5spd..

they sell supercharger kits for the v6 and turbo for the I4

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by dole21@Nov 24 2005, 05:32 PM
A dodge, chevy or pontiac...
[snapback]104883[/snapback]​

considering Monte Carlo's are two doors and are s/c , that may be a plausable next one also. you can get into a used one for a very reasonable price too . .
i LOVE the idea of having a sleeper though. like a turbo'd GT GP or Monte.

horist

Geek
Reaction score
once this car is paid off, i'll probably trade it in for a tow vehicle... a Tahoe most likely

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by horist@Nov 24 2005, 06:33 PM
once this car is paid off, i'll probably trade it in for a tow vehicle... a Tahoe most likely
[snapback]104886[/snapback]​
wrx's suck in snow, buddies got one, its pretty quick, but he says its more rwd then front, even tho its pretty split

xttc2000

Reaction score
you can get GTOs with under 10k miles for under 20 FYI, i dont know what your definition of expensive is- but thats pretty damn cheap.

and the traction control system works like a charm, i cant get the thing to even begin going sideways with it on.

Aircal

Reaction score
I've wanted a Avalanche for some time now. Rented a TrailBlazer not a bad ride either. But right now nothing thrills me enough to sell the GP and start makeing payments. Can't see it being a toyota or honda though. Also I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 years from getting a demo if I can keep my current pace up. So stop looking at dealers and start looking at Carmax.com and letting me know what yoy want.....lol

frankenstinesy

Reaction score
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM
since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .
i love the newer GP's but im not a fan of four door cars. . i have no use for four doors.

Does this statement not make sense to anyone else either? I didn't know they made evo's and wrx's in a coupe version.

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by frankenstinesy+Nov 24 2005, 10:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM
since the winters around here royally SUCK! i was thinking along the lines of an EVO or WRX AWD. .

Does this statement not make sense to anyone else either? I didn't know they made evo's and wrx's in a coupe version.
[snapback]104896[/snapback]​
[/b]
i know Evo's are all four doors.. there is a Subaru 2dr. version and i dont know if its an STi or what its called, but they're ALL awd was my point...
sorry for the confusion

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Those three wheeled pods they sell at the harley dealerships...

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Considering it wont be happening for another 4 years probably a used S4 or New Lexus IS. Who knows in another 4 years though.

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm thinking either an H3 or a Charger SRT; talk about exteme range!

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Keeping the GTP as long as possible.........new trans/susp/exhaust/etc.....

Car is still in great shape but if it goes im thinking a small truck like a Frontier extended cab or something.

Then I can do some side jobs and earn a little more money here and there.

After the TA, id like to upgrade to a Z06.........but thats at least 5 years away.

Kyle

Reaction score
Originally posted by preussenGTP+Nov 24 2005, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2005, 10:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-preussenGTP
@Nov 24 2005, 05:05 PM

[snapback]104896[/snapback]​
i know Evo's are all four doors.. there is a Subaru 2dr. version and i dont know if its an STi or what its called, but they're ALL awd was my point...
sorry for the confusion
[snapback]104899[/snapback]​
[/b]
there is a subaru impreza 2.5 rs and its a 2dr but it has no turbo.

and i'm with snr from the people i'vetalked to wrxs are hell in the snow.

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Honestly I want a lifted truck, huge wheels... like a yukon or something ..no pick ups.. slap on a truck nuts to it, now that would kick ass... short chick (5') in a big truck.. :) haha

Ten32

Reaction score
The 2-door Impreza 2.5RS must be new for this year, because since 2002 there have only been sedans available. Personally, I plan on keeping my GTP for quite a while (I just bought it!) but after that I might buy a GXP or a Charger R/T. I love sport sedans.

preussenGTP

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by sinr247+Nov 24 2005, 06:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-horist
@Nov 24 2005, 06:33 PM
[snapback]104886[/snapback]​
wrx's suck in snow, buddies got one, its pretty quick, but he says its more rwd then front, even tho its pretty split
[snapback]104887[/snapback]​
[/b]

i wonder if the reason behind wrx's that you guys claim isnt all that good in the snow is cause they're running perofrmance radials?

Kyle

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ten32@Nov 25 2005, 02:54 PM
The 2-door Impreza 2.5RS must be new for this year, because since 2002 there have only been sedans available. 
[snapback]104949[/snapback]​
incorrect

Kyle

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kyle+Nov 25 2005, 03:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ten32
@Nov 25 2005, 02:54 PM
The 2-door Impreza 2.5RS must be new for this year, because since 2002 there have only been sedans available. 
[snapback]104949[/snapback]​
incorrect

[snapback]104955[/snapback]​
[/b]
they dont have turbos though. lame.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom