What toys have you bought over winter?

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
I personally don't have a problem with Intense. After reading some stories on the internet i am going to have to do a lot of research when it comes to deciding between the XP or S1X cam though.

I personally went with the S1X because ive seen that the xp bleeds off boost and to be perfectly honest I chose intense over zzp because of my experience with them.

Now when i had the cam in my engine it made great power, the ONLY thing i didnt like with it was that it seemed to have shifted the powerband up a little and when the engine would drop into 4th at 40 it seemed like it didnt like it a little. but boy did it like it up top (trans hated it tho lol) :bigthumb:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I've heard that about the XP cam too but thats why i need to do some research. Not quite sure what "bleeding off boost" EXACTLY means. i kind of understand it but not really. Then you go to ZZP's site and they say that running the S1X without modded retainers will hurt your engine.

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
I've heard that about the XP cam too but thats why i need to do some research. Not quite sure what "bleeding off boost" EXACTLY means. i kind of understand it but not really. Then you go to ZZP's site and they say that running the S1X without modded retainers will hurt your engine.

I ran modded retainers on mine so i didnt have any issues.

also to add to this topic i also bought rear hubs and a walbro for the bonne over the winter, and im SURE theres more crap in the basement that i forgot about....

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Good ol' import drag racing!

HASPORT's (the people who make motor swap engine mounts) own CRX with a SUPERCHARGED k20, could only land a mid 13 second pass without slicks.

Oh noes! A MID 13 SECOND PASS?!?! WHAT EVER AM I GOING TO DO?! I guess I'll just have to dump the k series idea for a b18b :eek3:

you are not going to get any traction... spin the whole time.. and lose to cobalts.

I WILL TRUMP YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH... I can't remember how the origional saying goes... Dasfink care to remind us?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Oh noes! A MID 13 SECOND PASS?!?! WHAT EVER AM I GOING TO DO?! I guess I'll just have to dump the k series idea for a b18b :eek3:

I WILL TRUMP YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH... I can't remember how the origional saying goes... Dasfink care to remind us?

Lol, I'll take a pass.

B18's are junk :mamoru:

Post up some pics man, I've been wanting to see the ride!!! Heard lots of cool things about you, but yet to see anything!!!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
im thinking about a few cosmetic things for the civic... if i feel saucy tomorrow, i will order them up...
the JDM CTR valve cover
yhst-1408381693991_1888_12472441

JDM CTR key fob emblem
JDM_FD2_CTR_Key_Cover.jpg

and last but not least, the stylish JDM black dipstick... the orange one just wouldnt look good with the red valve cover.
JDM_DC5_Dip_Stick.jpg

God!!!! i feel kinda like a JDM whore now!!!!

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I totally dig that, I hope to eventually get mine done the same way.
well if you ever decide to get the vtec head, you could get this one...
yhst-1408381693991_1813_6621449

or you could get some aircraft stripper
klegar343grd.jpg

to get the black finish off of your old one, prime it, then get this stuff:
yhst-66630250998963_1989_1169563

then pop it in your ELECTRIC oven, bake it, and wet sand the honda script back to metal and you are in buisness... i have seen some people do this and it looks 95% as good as oem

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
well if you ever decide to get the vtec head, you could get this one...

then pop it in your ELECTRIC oven, bake it, and wet sand the honda script back to metal and you are in buisness... i have seen some people do this and it looks 95% as good as oem

Mines a bit beat-up, thats why I ask:
PIC-0394.jpg

but why an electric oven?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info