3800 what to get, what to get...

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Hey all, I need some mods (brakes/struts/springs) and am also looking at getting some mods cause i can lol (blower/headers).. btw i have a 98 regal gs and mods are 3.5, intake, mini-afc, r/t 3" dp, slp gsx exhaust. Plan to have zzp pcm and colder spark plugs.

For starters, I need new front brakes and am looking at upgrading to the 12in front rotors, but wondering if it is worth it.

On top of upgrading to 12in, I need new rotors anyways so as for rotors and pads what would u suggest?...
I have heard a lot of good things about powerslot rotors, and hawk pads, either hps or ceramic.

I also need to at least lower the front end and get some new struts up there... Thinking about buying 2 of the new adjustable koni shocks, but i do not know what springs to go with, maybe the gen 1 slp eibachs or the gen 2 ssc, dont want a huge drop... opinions?

As for stuff I do not immediately need, but would like to get... would getting the P&P blower from w-bodystore be a nice mod? I mean for 180 bucks what am I gaining, or even the ~$300 stage 2 thing, what exactly is that gaining?

Heres the biggie, I wanted to ditch the r/t dp and get a PLog, ported rear mani, and zzp d/p, but heck for the cost why not go with the Pacesetter Headers? would just need to buy a high-flo cat and bolt that all up right?

Sorry for the long read, but really interested and I appreciate the help!
Kev

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
FWIW I'm thinking about selling my blue SLP's but dont have my front springs right now.

Definately get the pacesetters, either get a hiflow cat or have the cat code turned off in your ZZP pcm (when you decide to get it).

Rotors, I would get some regular blank rotors with Hawk pads. 12' rotor upgrade FTW.

Oh yeah, and I really want your GSX exhaust you bastard! :p

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

It kinda depends on what you are looking for. Do you want performance, handling, looks, ect.
I agree about the ported blower, it may lower a degree of knock, but that can be done with a lot cheaper mod.
Depending on how you drive your car, you may want to do the brake upgrade cause it doesn't matter how fast your car goes if you can't stop it.
CJ

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
EBC reds.....there able to stop some serious shit, tho they will destroy stock rotors all others are garbage for the money comparison. i will never buy another brand
the EBC greens are a little more streetable(in terms of stoping power), tho my reds seem to be fine(tho i like to end up near kissing my window when i stop) :banghead:

ive heard the same about powerslots sucking pretty bad, i guess if a vendor offers it for our cars it must be the only good option :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info