what to get next

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
i have some time to think this through, but always fun to educate one self, and compile a list of worthy vehicles.

some of the cars floating my boat now are

Porsche Cayman GT4

2018-porsche-cayman-gt4-r-2_1600x0w.jpg

turbo/s

a43b80a3556258a3b7f2dbde1f410dd3.jpg

GT3

chalk-gt3-front-mw-800x452.jpg

Acura NSX

2019-Acura-NSX-Ratings-Thermal-Orange-Pearl-ocean-background-Large2x.jpg

GT500

2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-6-720x340.jpg

what else would you consider?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I favor the NSX, OBVIOUSLY but I don't think you'd be happy with anything less than a GT2rs. You're used to POWER and TQ, so that's the route you should take. It'd be like driving a c5z and then driving an s2000. There's no replacement for cars that have a ton of power.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
I favor the NSX, OBVIOUSLY but I don't think you'd be happy with anything less than a GT2rs. You're used to POWER and TQ, so that's the route you should take. It'd be like driving a c5z and then driving an s2000. There's no replacement for cars that have a ton of power.

the acura is actually really growing on me. gt2rs while epic, unless i win lottery that is but a pipe dream

Alpha tuned GTR.

forgot they still made GTRS, totally not on the radar, should it be?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
GTR shouldn't be, it's insanely fast, but you can eat breakfast whilst driving it.

NOW that you're ENTICED with the NSX, it also is super easy to drive. IDK what experience you're looking for, so it's hard to really say. You'd probably have more fun in your wife's car than almost all of these to be honest and Miata's suck.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I really enjoyed the NSX I drove. It felt very light and very planted to the road. I do like the rare factor with those cars. You don't see them everywhere and they don't sell a ton of them.

For a mountain carver I would want an AWD option. Some corners stay wet for a while and random water running across the road isn't unheard of, even in a desert situation out here.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I am interested to see the number on the GT500. My guess is the added weight is going to really be felt in its handling. The GT350 does well with its weight but at some point, that weight (and weight bias) are going to have a negative effect on its ability. Larger tires or not. I think it will end up being the typical GT500. A great straight line street bruiser.

I thought I remember reading the NSX performance numbers were 'meh'? Especially for the price. Or am I wrong with that?

One thing mentioned which I agree with is the mountain roads being wet. It isn't uncommon for them to be wet in the morning and many sections take a while to dry out due to the shade of the trees. So you end up with one corner wet and the next dry. Or entry dry and exit wet. AWD would be useful in that regard.

I still think the Turbo S is hard to beat as a car that is capable of doing it all. I get a lite car in the mountains can be a blast. But I think in other areas you will be upset with the lack of power. Plus they have the option to easily add power with just a tune. Or go balls out with intercoolers, meth, billet wheel turbo upgrades and so on. Their aftermarket is substantial. Go deep 9's and run a road course or mountain road hard if you wish to go that route.

I'm not against the GT3, the Cayman, GTR, etc. All killer cars. I'm sure you would be happy in any of them. I wish the GTR had a new generation coming sooner than later. Other cars have caught up to it in performance. Ca reviewers say it still does things it shouldn't be able to do based on what is is on paper. But also say it is growing long in the tooth. But again, it's a great car and had a great aftermarket. So another car any one of us would happily own. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info