What to do with the F350 - need input

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I just got back from the future and found out what the real outcome of this thread is.

desktop.jpg

#EagleStacks

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I am in the same boat. My truck is getting old and rusty. But I can't simply replace it with anything even close for the money.

Id just pull a Frank and buy a new F350. #eaglestacks

Pull a Frank and buy a year old USED $75,000 truck with under 15,000 miles on it for under $50,000.

Let someone else take the hit, you love your 6.0, you'll pay for a 6.7, but you're the type of guy who can commit to that truck long term and keep up on it. Play your cards right, you should be able to get a Lariat or higher trim level in the $40,000 range with under 20k on the clock. Your 6.BRO is worth mid teens to the right coal roller. You'll be out of pocket +/- $30,000 to be in a damn new 6.7

Oh, and if you don't know where I'm finding these trucks for the money, go on the 6.7 Facebook page and look for the people that bought them and can't afford them. Too little miles for them to have fucked anything up, and just go in and offer them trade in money if they're not already asking it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Ok, here's the deal - I would like to ask TCG's input on what to do with my current truck. Allow me to get into a few points:

1. Truck has 222k on the clock and runs great -so what its a deezul
  2. Rust has taken hold of the rear fender wells -replace whole bed
  3. Anemic tire sizes piss me off - new rims and tires
  4. Been thinking of selling and going 1/2 ton - dont do it
  5. Interior is still going strong, but need to fix the heated driver's seat before winter -you sally, fix it
  6. Would like to level the truck, but I am pretty sure the rear is sagging a bit so its sorta already levelled. :rofl: -higher or lower, but looks like you want to go higher, either way, this can wait
  7. Bigger tires, but which and wheels or not to wheels? wheels and tires, i like your second pickture
  8. Never done a fuel filter on the truck... should I worry about that? It's located on the driver's side frame rail, right? you make ctc and outlaw mad with this, keep up on your maint. and do it already
  9. One of the door moldings literally blew off the truck while I was on a road trip for my son's football to Pennsylvania. 1850mi round trip at 85mph, got 17mpg hauling 5 people and a boat load of stuff in the bed. She cruised quite nicely IMO. Anyway, thinking about removing the door moldings - thoughts? is it easier to take 3 off, or put 1 on. do what is easier. take 3 off.
  10. Grill guard - keep it or lose it? KEEP
  11. I think I need some new LEDs - which to buy? Or do I just install LED bulbs in the low beams and keep the old D2 lights I've got in the fog slots now? They work great, but they're getting BADLY WEATHERED.no idea, but new ones becasue #eaglestacks
  12. Running boards - keep em or ditch em? If I level it, I would need to jump to get into the damn thing :rofl: keep as long as they are not rusty
  13. Topper or not to topper? topper, as stated you do lots of trips where this comes in handy. you can always take it off for the summer

Otherwise, if I didn't keep the truck I'd sell it off for 10k or whatever and go looking for a newer 1/2 ton. Not sure which yet, but seems like the big three all have trucks worth looking at right now.

I really don't like the idea of another payment, so keeping the truck is ideal... but the rust is starting to wear me down.

What to do TCG?!?!

in red!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info