What to do v. Garage heaters

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
I've had my Profusion heater installed for about 6 years ago. I did electric due to install cost issues and venting for gas.

My garage is 26'x28' with 10' ceilings. It is completely insulated, 2" insulated door and two interior walls. In the coldest of months the electric bill is 35-40 more with it running full time at 65 degrees. That has been the worst case. Most of the time I keep it around 60 and the bills are 25-30 more per month.

It makes working on the cars so much better in winter.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've had my Profusion heater installed for about 6 years ago. I did electric due to install cost issues and venting for gas.

My garage is 26'x28' with 10' ceilings. It is completely insulated, 2" insulated door and two interior walls. In the coldest of months the electric bill is 35-40 more with it running full time at 65 degrees. That has been the worst case. Most of the time I keep it around 60 and the bills are 25-30 more per month.

It makes working on the cars so much better in winter.
Which Profusion do you have and do you run a separate T Stat for it? I'm going to get rid of my Propane and go electric once we run new service out to my garage in the next month.

keitho64

Regular
Jan 18, 2017
SW Burbs
Which Profusion do you have and do you run a separate T Stat for it? I'm going to get rid of my Propane and go electric once we run new service out to my garage in the next month.

I have the Profusion EH-4604. It has three BTU settings and a built in fan.

I did not wire in a thermostat. The unit has a temp dial which I learned where to keep it and maintain the temp in the garage.

It was the best $100 investment I made in the garage. Now if I could get a lift.... [emoji2]

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
IMG_4813.jpg

Finally got around to finishing my garage heater install just in time for spring!! Also ran a 100amp sub panel to garage. I’ll be able to run welder on 220 now and my quick jack lift will not keep popping breaker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info