What to do if stopped while carrying

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sort of obvious video but it's good advice.

I roll the window down and put my hands on the wheel at any stop. I am polite and follow lawful directions. I explain what I am doing first if I am going to make any movements. The officer appreciates this and I have been let go with verbal warnings nearly every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOO99qcASEM

torquelover

Reaction score
I have a routine. Car off, in park, all windows down, domelight on. Leave the seatbelt on, wallet in pocket, and registration/insurance in the glove box. Both hands on the wheel. No excessive movement until the officer is at the window, at which point I explain what I'm going to do and keep eye contact.

If armed, I clearly state what and where as the officer approaches.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
If you have a CC it shows up when your plates come back.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea in IL :greddy:

deviantlx

Reaction score
I got pulled over for a headlight out in my suv yesterday morning. 4am. Gun right next to me on the south side. He walked up and asked if i knew I had a headlight out, which I didn't. I went to hand him my license and he said oh i saw that you have a cdl, no worries. I'm not writing you a ticket. Unless you want one? I laughed and said no but i do appreciate the generosity. He said ok, get it fixed soon sir. I said you have my word it will be done tonight.

Like it has been previously stated. They know in Illinois before they pull you over. You are NOT required to state anything UNLESS asked by a police officer. Then the conceal carry card requires you to state that YOU ARE CARRYING inside the car. I simply don't offer unless asked. I feel like thats only going to complicate things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom