• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What tires to use? (rear)

96cobra96

I just picked up some chrome 03 wheels, 17x10.5 in the rear! I test fit just the rim today on the rear to see how much space I have...not much. The wheel is less than 1/2inch from the quad shock. I heard you can just flip that and gain some clearance. But what tires should I run...no Drag radials, as this is just a street car. Also, the less money, the better. Do you think I'll have to run spacers? Are the 315/35/40 sumitomos crap? (I'm kind of wishing i just stuck with 17x9's all the way around after looking at prices of 315's)

Thanks

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Save yourself some money, for street tires the Falken 512 are good in various weather conditions, will last as long as other brands and will not burn a hole in your pocket.

Go to Discount Tire Direct, get a price and then bring that price to a local Discount Tire store. Ensure the store does not charge you for shipping.

Also, get the weights on the inside of the rim.

Dave

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005
I've heard Sumitomos don't hook well at all but they're practically indestructible and really cheap. Great smoke show tire maybe.

My front runners are Kumho Ecsta Supras.... in back they didn't hook for CRAP.

I run BFG G-Force sports in back and am very happy with them. They're a softer sidewall tire and hook great with good wet traction and treadlife. Got into the 1.9 short times when my car was stock with these and they've barely lost any tread since. Were like 150 a tire or something.

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
PM Importslyer (sp?) he has a white 96 with i believe 315's with flipped quad shocks. he can give you good info.

Do you drive your car all year or just good weather ? If you answered good weather only I cant give enough credit to the BFG' 315 STREET DRAG RADIALS. They hook -n-go. No wasting time spinning . I also have a 4:10 gear. If you are under 400 hp it works out very well because the tire has so much grip at this power level that with any driving skills at all you can really jump off the line.My 60' time was a respectable 1.60. This was with all basic bolt ons no power adders only,pullies,cold air kit, cat back,gears. Not bad for not much.
:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info