Reactions: 1MEANGT

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I always figured you could get away with trading a car in like that. I dont ever recall a car I traded in that they did an inspection on. Half the time they dont even drive them and when they do its around the parking lot.
I agree. I tried trading my Volvo in twice. Neither time were the HVAC blend doors or AC checked for operation. I know because they will freak out for about a week if you ever try to change the settings. lol

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
"
As for why someone would make such a half-assed repair to this, the most desirable of Chargers, Facebook user John Routier has part of the answer. A used car dealer by trade, Routier was attending a Columbus, Georgia-area tow-and-recovery yard auction when he spotted this Yellow Jacket 2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, which he was tempted to buy and flip until he looked at it more closely, and discovered "some alarming hidden flaws."

"The first thing I noticed was the VIN in the window looked 'replaced,' and it didn't match the VIN under the hood on the passenger strut brace," Routier told The Drive. "The other thing was the subframe had been cut out and poorly welded back, so I figured one or two things happened: Either it was wrecked and rebuilt, or it was stolen... Anyways, I didn't want it anymore, but I stayed until it sold, and someone local bought it for $30,000."

"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info