• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

what springs to use?

1998gpgt

Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider installing a comp spring on my car. I've seen waaaaaaay too many cases of them breaking.

With that being said... I'm running LS6 springs.

mat0485

Reaction score
exactly what happened to me. running a 3 cylinder gtp. real good for boost, but worse on gas mileage.

mat0485

Reaction score
i've got xp hot cam. those call for stock gt cam?

1998gpgt

Reaction score
xp cam here as well. and that website has no relation to the 3800 market. the gt cam on website is in reference to an LSx cam.

and there is a lot of talk about the LS6 springs being harder on the valvetrain and wearing out the dampener quicker than the alternative 105# springs. can't comment on that as I have yet to pop off my front cover since installing them.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
The crow cams springs are a reliable spring. I would suggest going with at least 105#s if not the 130#s if using the CC XP cam.

mat0485

Reaction score
what about these lingenfelter springs 1998gpgt is recommending. I preferably dont want to use comp cam springs cause those didnt last to long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom