• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

what size injetors.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
with my current setup (after the install)

stage2 cam, TOGs, DHP, autolite 104's, 3.1" 3.2", intake, exhaust, 180tstat, 105lb springs

what injectors would be adequate? I MAY MAY MAY go with an IC later.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
You should be fine with the stockers still though if you want to be safe you can bump on up to the 38lb units Ron is using. The key is to scan and see if you're maxing the stock units.

Kyle

Reaction score
if you want i'll probabally sell mine once i put my 50s in. like i said on aim they are 39.5

I

imported_Ron Vogel

With that set-up 38-40's are perfect. If you IC go to 42.5's. Basically rule of thumb: IC, stock cam, rockers ok until 2.8". Cam, stock heads, good until 3.0".

joeyboy777

Reaction score
Originally posted by twiztid@Jan 28 2005, 11:44 AM
Where did you guys get the 38-40lb injectors from?
I had the same question
3. Oh yeah, Ron, can you post the part numbers for the 38lb injectors and place to buy. I searched your posts and have one that has a place, I just wanted to verify. Last posted,
I found 2 Lucas PN's that will work, and are safe:
8f160-038 (38#/hour)
8f160-042 (42#/hour)
Both are rated at 16.6 ohms
Once I have my fuel issue figured out, a 2.75 will go on, and I will need bigger inj's

as seen here. http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=6804&hl=

Joe A

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I got the 38# from Superchargersonline.com , you need to look carefully, because they are sold in sets of 8 or 6. I never found a good price on the 40#'s. If you are modding further, checkout Ford Lightning injectors. They're a direct swap and 42lbs. IIRC five0motorsport is where I saw them, or simply Ebay.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I just looked at Ebay, tons of 38# and 42#, but no 40#. I found several sets of 8 for under $250. So you get 2 more...

I

imported_Diavolo

maybe we can get 3 people together to get some 38's or 42's and save some cash?

joeyboy777

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jan 28 2005, 12:21 PM
I just looked at Ebay, tons of 38# and 42#, but no 40#. I found several sets of 8 for under $250. So you get 2 more...
[snapback]69286[/snapback]​
Thanks ron, so to sum it up, the lucas injectors, whether 38 40 or 42, should work. They usually sell them for stangs, and the like and work in our application. I have my eye on a few auctions ending in a few days. I will try to find out my woes over the weekend. Maybe with my further mods, i will look into the 42.5's, I read a few threads on clubgp on tuning issues with them, Ill reread to see what was happening,

as always ron, tasty reply you give.

Joe A

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
Make sure whatever you do, replace the O-rings if they are old. It will cost you a like $5 total. You dont need to be leaking fuel underneath your hood. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom