what should I look for?

cranehand

Reaction score
I am going to look at an 03 Cobra with 79k miles for under $14k. I am a little unsure of the car as the price makes me nervous. But I figure I will see what the car is like. So like the title says, beside the obvious stuff like body,interior, and abnormal driveline noises. What should I look for? Thanks in advance

Rotard

No respect
Reaction score
Uneven panel gaps could be a sign of a previous wreck

OP
C

cranehand

Reaction score
Thanks Nicky, that site has more than you could ever need to know.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I saw that Craigslist ad as well.
Seems real, have you talked to the owner yet?

OP
C

cranehand

Reaction score
I saw that Craigslist ad as well.
Seems real, have you talked to the owner yet?
I have talked to him through email. I am going to go check it out tonight.I am thinking he sounds desperate so $12k cash sounds like a good starting price to me.

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Reaction score
i dont think the price sounds to crazy. we r going threw ruff times and its got miles on it. good luck hope all works out 4 u..

OP
C

cranehand

Reaction score
just went and looked it over. it has quite a few scratches throughout the car. has an exhaust leak where the x-pipe ties into the manifolds. and it is missing the vents in the top of the hood. car has a pulley, predator tuner and exhaust. the guys said that the car went on a dr, 11.70s does this sound right?

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
just went and looked it over. it has quite a few scratches throughout the car. has an exhaust leak where the x-pipe ties into the manifolds. and it is missing the vents in the top of the hood. car has a pulley, predator tuner and exhaust. the guys said that the car went on a dr, 11.70s does this sound right?
yeah but with these cars you gotta be careful, if the body has been mistreated odds are they have run that car hard and who knows if it was tuned correctly

OP
C

cranehand

Reaction score
yeah but with these cars you gotta be careful, if the body has been mistreated odds are they have run that car hard and who knows if it was tuned correctly
That was a big concern of mine.They (the 2 brothers that own the car) claim that the guy that helped with the predator has a fuel injected dragster that he tunes as well.

IZZy