• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What should i do.

Hollywood43

Nov 21, 2006
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If I was in your situation, I think that I'd have the engine torn down to at least find out the extent of the damage. If there's a possibility to fix it and make it better then you've successfully come ahead from the ordeal.

But if you decide that it's time to start pricing complete engines then I might be able to help out. My uncle is a big buyer for a lot of the junk yards in the area and has a license to buy insurance auction vehicles. We've parted out a few wrecked Cobras over the years. My '98 was declared a total loss by MetLife but I decided to save it last year while I was part owner of a body shop. I pulled a lot of parts (including my Procharger) off of a '97 parts car. We ended up selling the 66K mi. engine/trans out of that car for a street rod.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
1.) sell blower to offset cost of building new motor.
2.) build 10.5:1 short block
3.) FR500 cams
4.) ported intake/heads (worry most about the intake)
5.) 100 shot down the road and you'll have a good, reliable hi-revving motor that when sprayed will still give you respectable times and scare the life out of your passengers.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
cyac5l8trfcar said:
1.) sell blower to offset cost of building new motor.
2.) build 10.5:1 short block
3.) FR500 cams
4.) ported intake/heads (worry most about the intake)
5.) 100 shot down the road and you'll have a good, reliable hi-revving motor that when sprayed will still give you respectable times and scare the life out of your passengers.

Hey, are you coming out later?

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1. I call your insurance agent and see if you can file a claim (ensure the supercharger is removed).

2. If covered ask for a check, or pony up the money yourself and determine what setup you want to go with (same supercharger, new kit, turbo, nitrous or naturally aspirated.

2. Call DSS, VT or Corey at Clayton Racing (Elburn) and have strong short block built.

3. Have the heads refreshed by Fox Lake (might as well).

4. Put the car together and get a good tune.

Dave

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Blood on Blood said:
1. I call your insurance agent and see if you can file a claim (ensure the supercharger is removed).

2. If covered ask for a check, or pony up the money yourself and determine what setup you want to go with (same supercharger, new kit, turbo, nitrous or naturally aspirated.

Dave

hey mikey, i have a stock oil pan you can make look like you hit train tracks with or something if you want. You can tell them you hit a rock or train tracks or something.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
cyac5l8trfcar said:
hey mikey, i have a stock oil pan you can make look like you hit train tracks with or something if you want. You can tell them you hit a rock or train tracks or something.

If the engine looks stock and it is blown, I believe the insurance company will pay for a rebuild. The only out of pocket will be your deductible.

If money is tight and they will pay for a rebuild, take the cash and apply it to a new short block or having your's rebuilt with the proper forged components.

Doesn't hurt to wear out all of your options before pulling out the credit card or dipping into the savings.

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info