What person effected your life...dad/mom/grandpa/grandma/brother/sister...which truly effected your life?just a simple question?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Personally I owe everything to both my Grandpas. One taught me howbto swing a wrench and hammer. Other is more of a family business man.

Work/Professional I owe it to Warrant Officers Ive met along the way and 1 specific Contractor that 110% helped me get to where I am today.

It would take me days to explain how great full I am for those mentioned above.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
My wife. We met when I was 22. I was unemployed and heading for a rough life. She's sweet and caring and my complete opposite. She made me want to do better, be a better person. Within a few months I was working towards education goals and money goals. That was 2002. FF to today and im making more money than I ever thought. Shes still here. loving me harder than anyone should. We have three kids and live in the most beautiful place that I was able to get us to. She doesnt have to work and she takes better care of our kids and me than I could have ever expected. Im super blessed to have her in my life. I'd be a mess without her.

IMG_0382.JPG

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
You know the answer here Rich.

Grandpa.

7/11 Banana slurpees, big league chew gum, all my cousins baseball games, flea markets both to buy and sell. He'd leave me with the van and trailer and 4 tables wide at I80 flea market to go shopping himself and we had 2 ways so I could ask him how much for what items and best he'd take.

There was times at the flea market we wouldn't even have the van unloaded by 9 am(got there at 7) and he'd sold a few thousand dollars worth of stuff and he'd say "let's go"..

Took me to junk yards, fishing, shooting, everything. We demo'd alot of houses, did siding, all types of things.

I recall when we moved out of our apartment me and my mom, he cut a hole in the floor and we went through my toy room and just tossed everything I didn't want down the hole.

Me and my closest cousin were like 9 years old and grandpa was on the phone and Mikey wouldn't stfu and we were eating cereal so he just dunked mikeys head in the bowl:ROFLMAO:

Probably 100 stories I can add if I thought hard enough

d5eAgfV.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
My Dad. I watched him work his ass off to put my sister and I through Catholic school so we’d get a better education, moved us out to Buffalo Grove so we’d be safer and in better schools and he still made time for us. He was my baseball coach, basketball coach and taught me how to do whatever needs to be done around the house.

My Mom. Taught me everything my dad didn’t. I’ve been doing my own laundry and been able to make full meals since I was 9 years old, because of her I’m fiercely independent and well rounded. My mean streak comes from her side of the family as well as my creative side.

My grandfathers. My grandfather on my dads side was my best friend when I was in my early 20’s. Unlike the man he was when I was younger (he was kind of brutal) he changed into a mentor without judgement and a very loving and caring man.
Grandfather on my moms side was the European Theater US Army boxing champion and became a Ranger and was attached to the 82nd airborne at 17 years old. He taught me how to fish, how to box and how to be tough. The combination of him and my uncle got me to love boxing and martial arts and I’ve been doing it since I was 6. He also signed me up for football when my mother said no and watched me go from a shy little kid into a confident little boy (also a raging lunatic when I played football and a cocky fucker when I played baseball).

Dale Singer. Long story short he saw a kid with a lot of talent and potential and gave me a very real shot at my ultimate dream. He was an MLB scout that took a chance on me and got me a shot at becoming a pro. He went above and beyond to help my get that shot and after I got injured and released he drove halfway across the country to take care of me when I was pretty much suicidal. He stayed with me and then dragged me halfway around the country with him until my head was right.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
great stories guys....thank you
my dad was a bodyguard(Private Detective) to movie stars ,he guarded EVERY Star you can think of....he protected famous movie stars like it was NOTHING...he guarded many famous Movie Stars.....he acted like it was nothing

Chuck Norris..Joan Rivers...MR T...Harry Caray...Ditka....Jordan....Ali...Oprah..Arnold S...the list can go on.....he fukn didnt care...it was nothing to him at Kroch's & Brentano's Bookstore..he was the Security Director

I will post pics soon...he was a legend...RIP...post your pics of your legend also...may they RIP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info