What performance car comparisons would you like to see?

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
With acceleration and track testing.

Even if down to the trim level: Camaro 2SS vs Mustang PP2. Civic Si vs WRX? Si vs Sport?

And I’m talking about obtainable cars for the masses. Not Lambo Performante vs 911 Turbo S.

RS v Type R v STI seems overdone at this point. And the RS is essentially dead.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Definitely Camaro / Mustang

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
best 25k driver car for the moneys?

jason05gt

Reaction score
Selfishly I’d like to see a comparo of new sports sedans. S4 vs. 340 vs Q50 Redsport and maybe throw in the Stinger. I haven’t seen a comparo of these cars recently.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i dont think that's selfish at all. solid idea

b4black

Reaction score
Five 2018 Dodge Challengers, same track, same day, same driver, all automatics

V6 305hp
Hemi 375hp
Hemi 6.4 (SRT/Scatpack) 485hp
Hellcat 707hp
Demon 840hp

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Auto vs manual trans comparisons for the few remaining sporty vehicles that still offer both (GTI, BMW 2/3 series, Mustang GT/Eco, Camaro SS/V6, etc...) Provide acceleration and track data, and also subjective findings from the drivers.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m sure that new Hyundai hot hatch killer is somewhere on the to do list.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Reaction score
The Camaro vs. Mustang is overdone. All the magazines do it once a year. Motortrend JUST did this in January's issue 2018; Edmunds did it in December 2017, and Car and Driver just did the GT350R vs. ZL1 in 2017. Please no more. We get it. There's no winners lol.

Agree with [MENTION=1938]jason05gt[/MENTION] - performance sedans that START under 50K or 60K (I wouldn't care if you load them up and they shoot past that). A5/S5 sportback (or A4/S4) , 340 or 440 Gran Coupe, MB C class, Infiniti Q50 Red Sport, Lincoln MKZ 3.0, Stinger GT, Acura TLX (although it'd get killed), and maybe Genesis G80 Sport.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Sub $30K-35K "sporty" sedans with a manual (Mazda 6, Accord Sport, Jetta GLI, A4, WRX, etc.)

radioguy6

Reaction score
Selfishly I’d like to see a comparo of new sports sedans. S4 vs. 340 vs Q50 Redsport and maybe throw in the Stinger. I haven’t seen a comparo of these cars recently.
+3 this would be a great, I have not seen many comparisons. Sport sedan 3.0 V6TT shootout, both RWD and AWD trims if equipped. Q50 Red Sport vs. S4 vs. C43 AMG vs. Stinger GT (although that may be a 3.3L).

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
A 2008 TBSS against a 1987 ( or 1989?) Iroc Z
[MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION]

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
sub $30K hatches/wagons/CUV's with manual and AWD/4WD (Subaru Crosstrek/Forester, VW Golf Alltrack, Jeep Compass/Renegade)

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
CPO 30k cheap luxury sedans

:rofl:

lastls1

Reaction score
1 performance model car from every generation Mustang tested. Just to show the evolution and just how far It’s come.

In some ways I think you would be disappointed. If you take out the equation of domestic cars needing to go around corners now. My 02 WS6 stock vs a base model V8 camaro are not far off in times.

Obviously move up to more expensive models or vehicles and the times begin to vary greatly

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I like the $40k-$50k base price sedan comparo. I think sedans might start selling more and more here. Especially with more options available by car manufactures.

1 performance model car from every generation Mustang tested. Just to show the evolution and just how far It’s come.
I thought of the same thing for a moment. But figured new cars were probably all were being made available.

In some ways I think you would be disappointed. If you take out the equation of domestic cars needing to go around corners now. My 02 WS6 stock vs a base model V8 camaro are not far off in times.

Obviously move up to more expensive models or vehicles and the times begin to vary greatly

Sure, newer cars will outperform older cars. Which no one would be surprised about. But I did watch a video a while back that compared all the M3 cars. Not really scientifically, but more comparing the visceral experience and how they changed over the years. The newer, more powerful and capable, cars were not the cars they enjoyed driving the most. I think you can take any car that has been around for decades and see why people loved those cars. It could be an interesting take on a comparison. But probably not easy for them to line up cars of different years like that. Especially expensive and rare cars that they might not get permission to beat on them for scientific performance data. But then again, they have that data from when the cars were new.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom