đź’¬ OT what made you say FUCK YEA! today???

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Motorcraft...

The stampings show that it may be the original card after all.
however this " freshly rebuilt " carb back when I 1st got the truck appears to have never had the check ball for the accelerator pump ckt and may have been basically having an internal fuel leak....

No wonder it only got 10mpg with a tailwind...

It's going on the EFI 460 with a plenum adapter flange im water jetting with a 2bl an 4 bbl top plate.

I have to raise the carb up 2.25 inches to Clear the fuel rails with the throttle linkage and choke mechanism.

I'll be getting rid of the trapeze linkage....might keep it rod...maybe lokar knockoff throttle cable retrofit someday.

I'm gonna be running it on the base TFI EEC4 distributor timing with the crane fireball box n coil for now.

I've been trying to find a duraspark 2 Vacuum and mechanical advance distributor....
Rock Auto has em for under $50 for a 1985 Ford F250. don't know that I'd be sweating about that too much tbh I think I'd just go buy one. Now then getting a good box on the other hand....

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Awesome he cross threaded the power valve.

This is Temporary enough I'm just going to ramit home

I'll just be using it to trigger for my Crane fireball Box...
I was looking at the guts to see if I could just swap the internals into the later dizzy.

I was actually looking at 1 of the Arduino timing controllers That I could just use with the TFI distributor...bah.

At this point I may Make this thing run with a 3800 pcm

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Figured out my squeaky squeaky on my driver's side rear suspension of the G8. I really thought I had another bum strut/shock from rock auto. This issue was really prevalent when I have the 20" wheels.

There are two bolts. One that mount the strut to the LCA, and one that mounts the hub to the LCA. Both bolts look identical. Both are 18mm heads.... however one is roughly 3.75" (this is meant for the hub to LCA) and the other is 4" (for the strut to LCA). So it's quite easy to mix them up.

So, if you inadvertently put the 4" on through the hub, it just scrapes against the trailing arm. That was the noise I was getting.

So I swapped them around and now have silence...

Here it is before. The 4" through the hub, hitting the trailing arm.
20230423_144524.jpg

Fixed
20230423_154128.jpg

Also, technically the strut bolt should be going the other way from all the pics I saw online, so I did the same.

20230423_153446.jpg

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I verbally accepted a new job today!! My current job has been a massive cause of stress and headaches basically since day one. It occasionally shows glimpses of getting better, then goes diving back down almost immediately. So after waiting on some things to happen at the new place, I finally got and accepted an offer today!

Now I need to plan my dramatic exit :D

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I verbally accepted a new job today!! My current job has been a massive cause of stress and headaches basically since day one. It occasionally shows glimpses of getting better, then goes diving back down almost immediately. So after waiting on some things to happen at the new place, I finally got and accepted an offer today!

Tire smoke, lots and lots of tire smoke.

Reactions: Broke EF

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Shit in someone's desk drawer. Or an empty desk drawer.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Just had a 1:1 with my manager at work and went over the roadmap to be promoted to supervisor by EoY! Nice title upgrade and expecting a good pay bump as well.
Starting next quarter I'll get my own direct report and there are a few projects I'll work with my manager on throughout the year to help meet some requirements and get me ready, but it's already been approved by higher ups and everyone in the company is on board.

Coming from sales positions and some not-so-great companies, it's still very surreal to be appreciated and regularly get promotions / bonuses and stuff like that.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Turned up the home theater to see what it really puts out at reference volume. It can go LOUDER than this. I set the volume to 0.0db, which is basically where Onkyo says that THX mastered movies should be watched as the directors intended. My ears actually HURT from how loud it was in the basement.

Recorded a clip, touching nearly 110dB. This is Rock Concert / Nascar loud, permanent hearing damage territory loud. I don't think I need to turn the theater up this loud ever again, I'm happy at lower volumes.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Turned up the home theater to see what it really puts out at reference volume. It can go LOUDER than this. I set the volume to 0.0db, which is basically where Onkyo says that THX mastered movies should be watched as the directors intended. My ears actually HURT from how loud it was in the basement.

Recorded a clip, touching nearly 110dB. This is Rock Concert / Nascar loud, permanent hearing damage territory loud. I don't think I need to turn the theater up this loud ever again, I'm happy at lower volumes.

Yeah, that's more than I would want to experience. Concert last weekend and it was averaging 90-95dB, and peaked at just a hair over 100. For my right ear, don't really care as I've lost about 60% hearing in it, so the music sounded fine. For my left ear I kind of wish I had brought an 30-32NRR ear plug with.

Reactions: importcrew

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, this is my niece Jasmin (Jazzy to us). She made the college gym news about recruitment for colleges. She is the one pictured on the article. You may recall I have mentioned that we moved her (and the family) to Florida for training purposes to hopefully get her ready for the US olympic team...

My mother sent me a video of her in tears as all these colleges are inviting her to come for a meet.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I keep telling myself I'm gonna buy a set and always forget. Lol.
I need to find a single Allen key for my set. It’s missing a 4 or 5mm, which was in a bicycle bag when the bike was stolen. Rest of set is brand new, never used. Every time I see it I think “I should get that replaced.” It has been like seven years.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I need to find a single Allen key for my set. It’s missing a 4 or 5mm, which was in a bicycle bag when the bike was stolen. Rest of set is brand new, never used. Every time I see it I think “I should get that replaced.” It has been like seven years.
I've started saving all of those stupid allen keys that come with furniture and shit, as when I do lose one of my normal ones, I have a box full of random ones that work too.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I've started saving all of those stupid allen keys that come with furniture and shit, as when I do lose one of my normal ones, I have a box full of random ones that work too.
If I can “acquire” one that matches I’d be happy. It’s an extended length with a rounded head. Otherwise I’ve got another 3 or 4 complete SAE and metric sets, including a really nice small fold-out set that I carry on the bike now.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
As a follow up to this thread….

Fuck yeah! Talked to my neighbor good guy Brian and he lent me a much nicer rotor puller and came by with a bunch of thick washers to cover the hole in the hub. I clearanced the dust shield to get the puller on better but shit is done! Fuck yeah middle finger bitch! Now my wife can stop bitching about the grand Marquis and I can replace the fucking radiator in it.

IMG_5420.jpeg

Thread Info