đź’¬ OT what made you say FUCK YEA! today???

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
So, my brother has been at this cushy job as a maintenance man for a couple years and has been telling me to come there. Well I've been at my place for almost 8yrs and have had it. Preach about quality but constantly having me cut corners, then bitch at me about their shitty decisions like it was my fault.

So, here goes.

Pros:

Union
-Food Industry, has been around 100+ years
-$12/hr more (currently, scale bumps up $1 in August)
-10-15 mins from home instead of 20-45 (traffic pending on 80/94)
-No highway commuting
-6% 401k match (opposed to current 5%)
-Good health benefits
-40hrs flat, OT available and optional (currently work 60+hrs/week)
-Work with my brother again
-Not required to work weekends, except for maybe 1 weekend on call
-make more on 40hrs there than 60hrs at current employer

Cons:

-Lose vacation days. (Currently at 17 days, but in 3 years there I will be at 15 anyway) I barely take vaca anyway
- Starting over, hate doing it
-No profit sharing (Extra pay/hr makes up for it)
-Employer is in Calumet City (no double state taxing but I'm back employed in IL)

Other than that, I cant really think of anything else bad about it.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Fixed (almost) the window in the civic. When I bought it, drivers window would only go down 3-4 inches. At lunch today I took the door panel off to look at it. Front guide was pretty bent. Get home got my prybars and hammer, and bent it back. But was still having issues with it at about half down position. Run my finger in the track and it pinches at that point. Put my drybar in the track and "twist" it to spread apart the track. Window now goes up and down with little issue. Still "falls" forward but that's easy to correct. At least it goes all the way down and up now.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Not sure whether to put this here or in the FUCK thread. Got a call from AVID and the Carpentersville Police Department about my lost dog.....

A dog that was reported lost in 2009 (not by me).....

A dog that an ex of mine stole from me around 2005 or 2006.

Police had the chip ran and it was registered to me. With my phone number. And the dog having the name I gave him when I first bought him. Back around 05 or 06, an ex stole my dog from me when we broke up and her sister sold him for money for fuel to get to Georgia to be with their family down there.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
once again today, toddler is wide awake before 4am. he went back to sleep around 630, i stayed awake. that was a poor choice on my behalf

You sure you meant to post this in the "Fuck Yea" thread? Lol

I usually wake up around 630 and today when my 1.5 year old decided to wake up because she wanted a bottle, I decided to go back to sleep for once after giving her one.

I felt like I woke up 20 times for her last dlnight despite it being only twice and my wife got up twice for her.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
You sure you meant to post this in the "Fuck Yea" thread? Lol

I usually wake up around 630 and today when my 1.5 year old decided to wake up because she wanted a bottle, I decided to go back to sleep for once after giving her one.

I felt like I woke up 20 times for her last dlnight despite it being only twice and my wife got up twice for her.

fuck. i meant to post that in the what made you say FUCK, thread

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
64244949_1120131428192891_62828675686465536_o.jpg

Thread Info