🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Not how Gerald Ford did things. Sure, I would schedule an oil change and fix the wheels again. Never had to wait for them to get it approved. It was always "sure, drop it off and we'll let you know when it's done".

Different co and different policies and claim procedures.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Different co and different policies and claim procedures.
Full House 90S Tv GIF

As the customer, Gerald's way is preferred. Also, if I paid for a service, why does it have to be "pre-approved"? It's not like people are purposely rashing wheels, are they?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sunday went to start my 4Runner and it was acting up, check engine light came on. Pulled a code of misfire cyl 3, thought maybe a bad plug, coil really only two issues. Pulled everything apart to find that something ate through the wire on injector #3 like it was held in by two or three copper wires. Look at the fuel rail and found about a dozen peanuts shells. Found a part store open at 8pm, they had an injector plug / pigtail in stock, a few weather pack style butt connectors, taped, put back into harness and taped again and fixed!

Back story -

so after the hurricane a few months back we returned home to a baby squirrel family (3-4) hiding in the front area of our house that was protected from the strom in some way. My wife thought it would be a great ideal to feed the squirrel’s peanuts which I was totally against…. So fast forward a few months of the squirrel’s living on my property and neighbors rent free. Been telling my wife to stop feeding them as they like kids will never leave our house.

So the squirrels were using my intake manifold as a holding spot for food. I drive my 4Runner daily and 2 days at the most not driven. Sunday when this went down I came back home around 3pm, went to leave at 7:30pm. So in a 4 hour window a squirrel made a meal out of my harness.

8D858728-D758-4118-ACCF-54D8A33EE44A.jpeg

0DAC429F-6DAD-465F-B478-B77A89922999.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Furnace has been acting up the past week.
Sounds like it's trying to turn on, but doesn't. It turns on maybe 50% of the time.

Been on youtube deciding if it's something I think I can handle aaaaaand I think it's time to call someone. lol
Might as well have them install the new smart thermostat while they're at it.
Sounds like the igniter or flame sensor. They're usually not hard to get to, and you can clean them off with some plumber's cloth or wet sand paper. Might get you a few months or another season out of them.

Reactions: Caleb515

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
g/f accidentally ran over some debris on 355 while heading home. Took out her car's passenger side foglamp. Pissed because I have brand new driver's side foglamp in the box, from when the same thing happened a year ago. But two days later, before I could install it, someone backed into the driver's side front corner of her car, and damaged everything around the foglamp area, so insurance replaced it.

Gonna see if a chineseum aftermarket foglamp for $35 will work, instead of the $115-$140 for an OEM. Gives me a chance to swap out the foglamp bulbs themselves for LED.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Sounds like the igniter or flame sensor. They're usually not hard to get to, and you can clean them off with some plumber's cloth or wet sand paper. Might get you a few months or another season out of them.
Nailed it on the flame sensor.

Feel like an idiot as its a $15 part and took him all of 20 minutes to replace for $200.

Oh well, I totally understand paying for his knowledge and expertise and he did it same day.
I just need to work on being more comfortable doing things myself.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nailed it on the flame sensor.

Feel like an idiot as its a $15 part and took him all of 20 minutes to replace for $200.

Oh well, I totally understand paying for his knowledge and expertise and he did it same day.
I just need to work on being more comfortable doing things myself.
Glad it was an inexpensive replaceable part.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
The irritating lingering cold my wife and son had 3 weeks ago has planted itself in my normally superhuman immune system. Coughing, congested, ear ache, fatigue, my balance is for shit and sore everywhere. Wife looks at me while I’m fighting to stay awake at 10am after my second cup of coffe and says “I think we should take down the Christmas decorations today.”…………”WE?!?! What’s this we shit? You got a mouse in your pocket? WE didn’t take them down for the last few weeks because YOU were sick and I don’t do it right but now that I’M sick it’s ok for me to power through it to put decorations in a box?”

So long story short I lost my balance getting the boxes out of the crawl space and smashed my head on the wall because my balance is fucked up because my sinuses are clogged………gonna be a fun fucking day.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The irritating lingering cold my wife and son had 3 weeks ago has planted itself in my normally superhuman immune system. Coughing, congested, ear ache, fatigue, my balance is for shit and sore everywhere. Wife looks at me while I’m fighting to stay awake at 10am after my second cup of coffe and says “I think we should take down the Christmas decorations today.”…………”WE?!?! What’s this we shit? You got a mouse in your pocket? WE didn’t take them down for the last few weeks because YOU were sick and I don’t do it right but now that I’M sick it’s ok for me to power through it to put decorations in a box?”

So long story short I lost my balance getting the boxes out of the crawl space and smashed my head on the wall because my balance is fucked up because my sinuses are clogged………gonna be a fun fucking day.
Sounds kind of like a sinus infection, which the flu can easily manifest into.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This could go either fuck or fuck yea...

About two weeks ago on the burb, started hearing a rattling like a heat shield was loose or something when in gear at a stop. It sounded like it was under the truck, so got under the truck, nothing was loose or moving, although I did tighten up the back skid plate bolts another half turn. Got in, all things were quiet.

A day or two later, the noise was back. In the meantime, it sounded like it was further up near the firewall. So yesterday, I went in from top to try and find it.

Again, nothing amiss under quick visual inspection, until I noticed that the heat shield on the passenger side exhaust manifold was up against the little shield for the A/C accumulator. Sure as shit, I tap it and it's completely loose... Turns out the two bolts in the center of the shield, holding it on to the exhaust manifold, completely rusted out and it was flapping in the
breeze. Well, it no longer rattles. :D

20230122_160257[1].jpg

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
Actually i sad that word couple of times today. Here is the most annoying one - I had to send a very urgent message on microsoft teams sms (business related issue) and my phone was blocked "Emergency calls only". For the next 10 minutes. Don't understand why this happens all the time. Sometimes i need to deal with the customer requests immediately and that is not acceptable.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Need to make an urgent call and my Ipnone was blocked "Emergency calls only". For the next 10 minutes.
Don't understand why this happens all the time
That reminds me of when I used to day trade and since I was up at 3am for my daughter, I'd start looking at the market and make some moves. I'm talking 10's of thousands of dollars making trades and next thing you know my phone is being unresponsive. I was having issues with cellular service (as I was using my phone while being in my daughter's room). Never had a problem before and all of a sudden I was for a while. I had a nice chat with customer support and they sent a personal cell tower (uses wifi and GPS) to me overnight and never had the issue again.

Doesn't necessarily relate to your issue but the fact I was in a trade for thousands and thousands of dollars and I was having issues trying to sell. I think I ended up losing a couple grand or I could have potentially made more profit. Can't remember anymore.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
FUCK!!!!

Fucking neighbors upstairs did something and I had to stop work in the middle of the day because BROWNE SHIT WATER is pouring from my bedroom ceiling!

I have used EVERY freaking bucket I have and I am feeling absolutely DISGUSTING right now having to empty these buckets, but even then it barely matters because my bedroom carpet is saturated in SHIT water.

Now I have to keep changing fucking buckets and every time I have to go into my bedroom to do it, I get DRIPPED on by shit water.

If the land lord asks to raise my rent this year like he's going to want to FUCK HIM.

Thread Info