Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
So I have always been slightly irritated by how the whole state of Indiana seems to shut down over a slightly more than normal amount of weather. It seems like everyone gets hungry for french toast during a severe weather forecast because you sure as hell can't find any eggs, milk, or bread at the store....

Being the last day before winter shutdown anyway with some crazy weather on the way, all our bosses told us yesterday to "prepare to work from home tomorrow" which is supposed to be a sort of "gift". It was code for bring your computer home, clock in, go about your life, and clock out, but it never actually goes that way for me.... ever. I fully planned to get my ass out of bed, show up anyway, and enjoy a quiet blow-off day of youtube and free coffee at the office. I hate working from home to begin with because packing up my desk is a PITA and I don't have any good place in my house to actually get anything done.

I brought my desk home just in case because everyone else did too. My drive home was far from routine which resulted in getting home after 7:00. In the midst of the frenzy, I forgot to bring my back pack inside from the car.... it got into negative double digits last night. ? Then I slept like complete shit. I woke up at 6:50 without even remembering my 5:00 alarm going off. I'm supposed to clock in at 7:00 and work is a half hour away. FUCK!! I suppose I WILL stay home today. I bounced out of bed, got into some sweats, and then realized my mistake. ?‍♂️I bundled up., got to the car, and without any effort...
1671805522240.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

It's gonna be a great day.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
On the way to the gym this morning I saw 2 Hellcats (1 green / 1 white), a GT500 (gray) and a Roush (gray). All at different areas between Pingree Grove and S. Elgin.
Then on the way home there was a guy in a newer F150 who refused to put it in Auto4x4 or 4X4. He was sliding all over the place and kept going into the shoulder before slowing down to get back on the road.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
greasy greasy

I heard that over the weekend, sad situation. The guy was battling some demons for sure.

I’ll always remember running into him in person at a Home Depot downtown where I worked back in like 2006 or 2007, took the time to talk to me and was super nice. Was super humble and nice, RIP

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Jon01 and DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Traveling back from Florida, and swinging through Lexington to see my dad. Three days ago I made a hotel reservation for the Hampton Inn in Athens, TN, since it was a good deal. After driving for 10 hours and about 650 miles (it's 11pm) I get to the front desk and am told that the website has been wrong for a few days, and there aren't any open rooms. I fucking blew my stack. Hampton Inn is owned by Hilton. Asked the desk lady that such a large international conglomerate can't fix their own website after 72 hours?

She actually implied that I should cancel via the website, but I might incur a penalty fee. Full asshole came right to the surface. Told her and her 5" fingernails to cancel my reservation right then and then, no penalties, otherwise she was going to get the hotel manager on the phone, even if they had to be woken up.

What in the fuck? How many people are going to show up on a holiday weekend and find out they don't actually have a room?

Said "fuck it" and just cannonballed it all the way to my dad's. Got in about 3:30am, after 15 hours and almost 900 miles.

• Angry
Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Traveling back from Florida, and swinging through Lexington to see my dad. Three days ago I made a hotel reservation for the Hampton Inn in Athens, TN, since it was a good deal. After driving for 10 hours and about 650 miles (it's 11pm) I get to the front desk and am told that the website has been wrong for a few days, and there aren't any open rooms. I fucking blew my stack. Hampton Inn is owned by Hilton. Asked the desk lady that such a large international conglomerate can't fix their own website after 72 hours?

She actually implied that I should cancel via the website, but I might incur a penalty fee. Full asshole came right to the surface. Told her and her 5" fingernails to cancel my reservation right then and then, no penalties, otherwise she was going to get the hotel manager on the phone, even if they had to be woken up.

What in the fuck? How many people are going to show up on a holiday weekend and find out they don't actually have a room?

Said "fuck it" and just cannonballed it all the way to my dad's. Got in about 3:30am, after 15 hours and almost 900 miles.
Hilton has been a fucking disaster for us the last three times we've stayed there and god DAMN do they have some audacity. I'm about ready to cancel our Hilton credit card and find a better chain to deal with.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I ran into something similar with Hilton in Florida earlier this year. Was rough finding a property open/available after Irma/Maria hit but I eventually found a hotel on the website. So I try to call the location a week before to tell them I was coming in in a late flight. No answer. Called the 800 line instead and was told they were operating out of the 3rd floor and up only at the time of my reservation but are now closed. No call, no email, no message on the portal.

I can’t imagine arriving after a long day of travel at midnight just to find the property deserted and dark.

They offered me a discount and points towards another location, but I ended up with a newer Marriott property instead.

Was a good stay, never hotel.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, I was gonna make some cookie bars and about 10 minutes into the baking I heard what sounded like an explosion from the oven.

Somehow the peanut butter batter caused the dish to explode in the oven?!?!??!

Now I have to wait for this shit to cool off so I can clean up the oven. Cleaning shards of glass covered is half baked cookie dough sounds 'fun'.

God damnit, this is gonna be a bitch to clean up. I might just take the entire baking stone out and those the shit into the dumpster.

The baking stone has had a crack in it forever, but it still cooked pizza's fine. But now I don't feel like cleaning it.

1673736355976.png

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Bob Loquercio Auto Group made me say fuck just now.

Accord was bought at Honda City in Oak Lawn. We paid for the wheel and tire protection plan. When buying, we did not think to ask how it works (rookie mistake). As we were walking out, I asked and they said we had to bring it back to them. FUCK. Oh well, deal with it later (aka now).

We left the dealer and the first time she parked, she curbed the wheel. (hence why we paid for it). She has curbed at least 1 more wheel, possibly 2 (so 3 in total).

I figured it was time to get that fixed, so I called Honda City and tried to schedule an appointment to bring it in. When she had both the Edge ST and Explorer ST (both bought from Gerald Ford in North Aurora, near our house) we'd call and make an appointment, drop it off and they'd fix it.

Nope, not how BL Auto Group does it.

We have to make an appointment, to have the wheels fucking inspected. Advisor has to take pics and submit a claim.

Once the claim is approved, we then have to schedule ANOTHER FUCKING APPOINTMENT to have it repaired.

Oh and all the locations are super convenient for us, Elgin, Fox Lake, Indiana or Oak Lawn.

Elgin Toyota is the best of the options, so I scheduled an appointment to have it inspected.

Fuck

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
Drove the car last night and heard a strange noise. Found screw in the tire so I went to the dealership to get it fixed (I have the tire warranty since these are maybe 6 months old)… drive 30 minutes and find out the dealership was just bought out and can’t do anything (no way to order parts at all) ? I call around and the other nearby dealership is also changing owners but can get a tire in a week, they manage to locate another dealership about 30 minutes away that has the tire in stock so I head over there. They tell me I have to pay out of pocket (~600 a tire) and get reimbursed. Screw it, I need the tire fixed so I said I’ll wait. About 15 minutes goes by and the service advisor comes in and tells me the tire isn’t leaking and it was just the head of a screw which didn’t go deep enough to puncture the tire. ? I say thank you and leave with no bill at least but at this point I’ve driven ~150 miles for this stupid tire situation and it was all for nothing ? FUCK
E1825D60-421A-4320-8B3E-1585907C0F39.jpeg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Bob Loquercio Auto Group made me say fuck just now.

Accord was bought at Honda City in Oak Lawn. We paid for the wheel and tire protection plan. When buying, we did not think to ask how it works (rookie mistake). As we were walking out, I asked and they said we had to bring it back to them. FUCK. Oh well, deal with it later (aka now).

We left the dealer and the first time she parked, she curbed the wheel. (hence why we paid for it). She has curbed at least 1 more wheel, possibly 2 (so 3 in total).

I figured it was time to get that fixed, so I called Honda City and tried to schedule an appointment to bring it in. When she had both the Edge ST and Explorer ST (both bought from Gerald Ford in North Aurora, near our house) we'd call and make an appointment, drop it off and they'd fix it.

Nope, not how BL Auto Group does it.

We have to make an appointment, to have the wheels fucking inspected. Advisor has to take pics and submit a claim.

Once the claim is approved, we then have to schedule ANOTHER FUCKING APPOINTMENT to have it repaired.

Oh and all the locations are super convenient for us, Elgin, Fox Lake, Indiana or Oak Lawn.

Elgin Toyota is the best of the options, so I scheduled an appointment to have it inspected.

Fuck

Yea aftermarket wheel warranties, glass, key and dents have to go back to them.

Reactions: blue-sun

Thread Info