🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah, I filled the tank, too. It was on empty when I got it. He owes me a LOT more than I owe him for the loaner so I'm not worried about it. Plus, I make dinner for them every couple weeks which is better than any dinner we would have going out. A friend who was in town for the last dinner offered me a job in N.C. as head chef at one of her restaurants. I didn't feel qualified and didn't want to move so I said no but thanks. She gave me a head chef shirt and instant read thermometer to try to convince me. LOL! She's a great chef and it's flattering that she thinks I could step into a job like that.

The starter on Amy's car is under warranty but the shop didn't work NYE and the car is stuck there until Monday. The Focus ST will get an engine in a couple months. My son is using my Caddy until then.

Amy spent a mint on Christmas and my birthday trip to Texas that I wasn't planning on and I'm in between closings plus I just paid my RE dues for the next year so it's bad timing for the cars to break. Worked with customers this past week who are building a new home but, with current builder delays, I probably won't see that cash for 6 months or more. Future money. At least R.E. picks up down here after the holidays are over so I will get a home or two under contract over the next few weeks and get some cash in the bank.

Anybody who wants to get out of the rat race and move to paradise, hit me up on PM and I will find you a great home for a (somewhat) reasonable amount of $$. Prices are still rising down here so get in now. I don't see the price increases stopping any time soon since so many out of state people are moving here.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto and Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
About 2 years ago the city came through and replaced everybody's water meter.
Ever since we have had a very small water leak right there
I should have looked sooner but just figured it was the 65 year old valve leaking and I'd adjust it whenever.
I looked at it a few weeks ago and realized that when they did ours the dude that did it bent the feed line coming out of the floor out, I imagine bc the new meter is longer than the old.
When he did this he kinked the copper line and put a small split in it so it started weeping.
So, off to YouTube I go - YT says cut pipe off, clean pipe up, jam a shark bite valve on and good to go.
I attempted to do this yesterday only to have the valve refuse to seatseat and start leaking like a MF.
So, I wrapped a towel around it a d guided the water over to the basement floor drain.
Now a buddy is heading over to shut the water off at the curb and I get to take the shark bite off and sweat on a new chunk of copper and rebuild everything around the meter as it's all iron pipe and I'm sure full of corrosion.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Xbox One is on the fritz. Good news is I think its software related. Transferring all of my game files to an external drive now. Only a few minutes left. Gonna factory wipe it and see if it does the same crap.

Every time I switch to a new menu, or app the apps pops up, then the screen fades to back like its going to sleep. If I yank the HDMI and reseat it, it'll come back. Tried different HDMI cables, tried a different HDMI port on the receiver. Did a video reset on the Xbox. Still fucked up. Confirmed its not the port on the receiver, or cable itself.

Hoping its not the physical HDMI port on the Xbox itself. If not, damnit. I don't want to buy a new Xbox.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Aaaaaaand, even after all the shit I did, the problem is suddenly fixed.

Reset the Xbox completely. No fix. Tried different ports on receiver. No fix. Tried different HDMI input on the TV. Tried different cord, no fix.

Hooked Xbox up to UberUltraGamingMonitor. Had similar issues that suddenly went away after a power cycle on the xbox.

Plugged Xbox back into receiver. Issue came back.

Moved HDMI input from HDMI2 on TV back to HDMI1 on TV so I could get my color calibration stuff back.

And problem is magically gone.

Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot.

I was all set to flip the script and buy a brand new LG OLED C1 in either the 65" or larger variety. Oh well, I'll wait now.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Test drove a 1500 Ram yesterday. Not a single one on the lot has the anti spin or electronic locking diff.

No clue what the difference between the two is and they’re almost the same price. I’m thinking anti spin is automatic and like a traditional LSD but they both are described as electronic.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Aaaaaaand, even after all the shit I did, the problem is suddenly fixed.

Reset the Xbox completely. No fix. Tried different ports on receiver. No fix. Tried different HDMI input on the TV. Tried different cord, no fix.

Hooked Xbox up to UberUltraGamingMonitor. Had similar issues that suddenly went away after a power cycle on the xbox.

Plugged Xbox back into receiver. Issue came back.

Moved HDMI input from HDMI2 on TV back to HDMI1 on TV so I could get my color calibration stuff back.

And problem is magically gone.

Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot.

I was all set to flip the script and buy a brand new LG OLED C1 in either the 65" or larger variety. Oh well, I'll wait now.
If it Is the One X acting up (by some slim chance) I might have a spare One X you can borrow.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Had to get a root canal in December. Today I went for my crown. Took 2 hours just now, which sucked, but whatever.
Go to check out, my portion after Insurance is $526. Last root canal/crown that I had done, I picked up basic dental insurance through work (dental through wife's work is what we've had for years) and it covered everything. Thank god for FSA, but there goes a majority of what I put in FSA this year.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Almost ripped my fingernail off at work. Heavy ass pole section I was trying to load in the truck slipped and would’ve flattened my foot or broken my ankle and the only option was to slam it against the wall of the truck and move. Head of a nail went under my fingernail and pried it up under my glove before I could get my legs out of the way. Fucking shit HURTS!!! Broken finger? Cool. Fractured shin? Meh, I’ll still go to work. Cut that should get stitches? I got tape, I’m good. Give me a splinter or fuck up my fingernail and I’m a crying 9 year old girl.

• Wow
Reactions: Flyn

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well Thursday I said FUCK because my fiance had the stomach flu bad.

Saturday I said FUCK because my 2 year old started throwing up.

Sunday I was a FUCKING moron thinking I had it beat and I started eating normally.. which led to me saying FUCK Sunday evening. Sick as shit. Corona wasn't this bad
???

Explode Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Reactions: justbob

Thread Info