🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
its amazing how well appliances are designed to fail precisely after the warranty these days. I really hate planned obsolescence, I am all about function over form. We're running an early 1980s Maytag set the previous owner left 12 years ago. All mechanical and serviceable. I've replaced a $10 ignitor, drive belts and hoses. They are indestructible and do not die.

Same. I've replaced a bunch of shit on both but it's all simple as fuck to service.
The tub on the washer is starting to get rotten on the drain hose connection, when it does get to the point I can't attach the hose I'm definitely gonna try to tig a nipple on there before I condemn it.

Reactions: radioguy6

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Currently heading to inlaws for wife's bday down in Southern Missouri.
I had her take over driving about 10 minutes ago. Already regretting it.
1639018105671.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sucks when your subconscious is noticing all the start stops. Amy rarely drives when it's both of us because she doesn't like me correcting her.

I tried to teach her how to drive my Cobra. Lost cause. The car scared her. My son learned how to drive on it. Then I put him in one of my work trucks. He did fine. Handled the Dan Ryan no problem. My Lincoln was like nothing for him.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was driving late at night (like 2am) with my friend, Bryan. Going down 75th street at Rickert he blows the red light. WTF? He says, "It's okay, my dad drives like this".

Next light east (Plainfield Rd?) he does the same thing, blows the red. DUDE! "Don't worry, my dad drives like this".

Next light is green, he SLAMS on the brakes. DUDE, what the fuck, it's green.

"Never know when my dad might be coming through on a red".

Fucking dies laughing. He got me good.

Got even with him though, we were driving through a busy downtown Naperville. I casually reach up under his right hand (on the steering wheel), slap it up and tag the horn at the same time. It looked to everyone outside the vehicle like was doing a slow gay wave while hitting the horn. Never seen a 6'1" 450lbs dude get so easily embarrassed.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My daughter's friend grabbed the wheel and yanked it over in my Mercedes. My daughter who was driving took out a mailbox and totaled the car in a ditch. Her friend agreed to pay half and paid monthly for 6 months then stopped. Luckily the Mercedes was solid because there was a huge dent in the driver's side door but the driver's compartment was fine. Car saved my kid. I lost a friend when his daughter stopped paying but the car kept them both safe.

Thread Info