🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Popped a P0523 code on the way home. Drive to work (18 miles), drop off at dealership in the afternoon (9 miles) and hopefully they can get the recalls done at the same time. Oil level is fine, no metallics in the catch can, as long as it doesn’t go into limp mode it should make the drive……..right?

It’s still the oil level sensor. Had same issue on my 12 Tahoe, it died (code for pressure too low, yours is pressure too high) and then came back to life, never did change it, just assumed the screen got clogged somehow. If it’s not knocking it’s fine.

Reactions: SMRTSS1

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Comcast/Xfinity is down nationally which means every assclown in Glenn Ellyn is stopping to ask me when it’ll be fixed. I point at one of the 5 logos on me and the giant white truck with more Death Star logos on it.
One Idiot “Is something you’re doing the reason my cable is down?”
Me “I don’t work for them (pointing at Death Star logo). Comcast is having a National outage, I have no idea when they’ll be back up.”
Irritated idiot “That’s BULLSHIT!! None of this happened until your dumbass started working on that pole!”
Me rolling my eyes. “Dumbass? Do you always start conversations by insulting people? Ya see this here pole? This here pole doesn’t have ANY cable companies on it other that mine which is a PHONE COMPANY! Not ComEd, not Comcast, not wide open west, not MCI, not Nicor JUST US!”
REALLY angry idiot “BULLSHIT, I’M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!!! I’M CALLING YOUR BOSS AND YOU’RE NOT COMING DOWN UNTIL MY CABLE IS FIXED!!!” (He starts tugging on a rope that’s attached to my belt, if he upsets my balance I’m taking the express elevator down. It’s maybe ten feet but it’ll still hurt)
Me, screaming while climbing down the pole and detaching the rope from my belt “GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF THAT ROPE OR I’LL CRACK YOUR FUCKING SKULL OPEN!!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING KILL ME BECAUSE YOUR FUCKING CABLE IS OUT?!?! CALL MY BOSS YOU ASSHOLE, NOW I’M CALLING THE FUCKING COPS. (I start free climbing/speed dropping down the pole) You can talk to my boss while I call the cops and tell them some jackass won’t let me come down the pole, is trying to yank me off the pole and you’re threatening me. In case you’re wondering it’s not a good idea to threaten a man that has metal spikes attached to his legs, a 3 lbs hammer and a chainsaw. OR you can listen to me when I say Comcast is having a National outage and I don’t work for them!”
Once angry now scared looking customer looking up at me while I’m standing on the ground (he’s maybe 5’5” I’m almost 6’3” in my climbing boots). “So….Um……so you don’t work for Comcast?”
Now REALLY pissed off me, chainsaw in left hand, right hand resting on hammer “No I don’t!!! That was the first fucking thing I said to you, they’re having a National outage. Now FUCK OFF!!!!!!!”
And away he went.

One of these days I’m going to catch this kind of stupidity on camera and show you all just how unbelievably dumb people are. They always seem to get me when I’m on my climbers or on a ladder and I can’t get my phone out.

Goddamn I fucking hate people!!!

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Without going into too much detail, this chunk of milled steel is path for high pressure calibration fluid. At least least it used to be until it went boom with a few sparks. It scared the poop out of the machine operator. lol
1636489913122.png

Reactions: BS ISF and sktchy

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I spend 25 minutes to contact left customer service and after 20sec of the conversation the call was over. Some connection issues. F...
Had that with comcrap this AM. 15 minutes to get a person to bitch about the frequent outages (including this AM, twice), they say "oh we'll give you a credit. Let me see what I can apply to your acc.... click". FUUUUUCK!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
well my fucking phone died today. old as shit iPhone 6s. screen all the sudden had lines all across the screen and can't type anything. ugh. I'm at least able to text my wife using the old MacBook but the timing sucks ass.
Just in time for Black Friday and cyber Monday deals!

i had to give up on my 6s. The newer iOS just liked it. Back in January got a SE 2020 since it fit all my cases and mounts.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
well my fucking phone died today. old as shit iPhone 6s. screen all the sudden had lines all across the screen and can't type anything. ugh. I'm at least able to text my wife using the old MacBook but the timing sucks ass.
I have one laying around I could probably mail you

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Fuck. My blood sugar is low again. Getting off Keto and back to eating some carbs makes it much harder to maintain a smooth BG line. Carbs push my blood glucose way up compared to the Keto diet. Gotta hit the right insulin number or I go low. Daily struggle to keep it in line. Worth it to live a "normal" life but it's a pain. At least I don't have the nighttime leg cramps that I had with Keto. Sucks to wake up at 4 A.M. with leg cramp pain.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Looks like I forgot to post here. Woman ran a stop sign & tried to kill me:
Front Dash Cam
You can see where I saw she wasn't going to stop and started slowing, from the door of the street
Rear Dash Cam
I've been dealing with my insurance & letting them deal with hers... They are 90% sure it's a total loss...
I had the dealership look, they cannot find a 19 with bucket seats in the back w/ 401a package, so I am probably going to end up in a 21 ST Explorer

No one was badly hurt, but my neck, shoulders, and elbows are very sore.
IMG_20211122_144732535_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211122_144811730_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211122_153647700_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211122_153659747_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211122_144613239_HDR.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Looks like I forgot to post here. Woman ran a stop sign & tried to kill me:
Front Dash Cam
You can see where I saw she wasn't going to stop and started slowing, from the door of the street
Rear Dash Cam
I've been dealing with my insurance & letting them deal with hers... They are 90% sure it's a total loss...
I had the dealership look, they cannot find a 19 with bucket seats in the back w/ 401a package, so I am probably going to end up in a 21 ST Explorer

No one was badly hurt, but my neck, shoulders, and elbows are very sore. View attachment 106823View attachment 106824View attachment 106825View attachment 106826View attachment 106827
That second little "bump" just to make sure any pieces left dangling would be able to fall off?

Factory dash cam?

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
That second little "bump" just to make sure any pieces left dangling would be able to fall off?

Factory dash cam?
The second little bump proves she never even hit her brake pedal, because if she was freaking out hitting her break she would have hit my truck and stopped.

Thinkware H1000 Dash Cam

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
Update
The body shop was correct, the insurance is considering it a total loss. They say that I should hear something tomorrow or the next day about the offer that they're going to give me for my vehicle so that I can purchase a replacement.
I've got the dealership looking for a 21 ST with the 401a package now

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Update
The body shop was correct, the insurance is considering it a total loss. They say that I should hear something tomorrow or the next day about the offer that they're going to give me for my vehicle so that I can purchase a replacement.
I've got the dealership looking for a 21 ST with the 401a package now

They are not going to get it not many dealers are trading. You might as well start looking yourself and be prepared to pay up for a ST

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My GE washing machine broke for the 2nd time in 3 years. First repair was a complete circuit board under warranty. This time I think it's the drain pump. Tub won't drain but everything else works. My son and I shop vacced the water out, flipped it over and the pump was too hot to touch. It also has a discolored area from something leaking. It was humming, too, when we were running a drain cycle. A quick search on youtube revealed a replacement video with the same discoloration. Easy swap out but a pain in the ass in the cramped work space in my laundry room. New pump is coming tomorrow, hopefully before I leave on vacation.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My GE washing machine broke for the 2nd time in 3 years. First repair was a complete circuit board under warranty. This time I think it's the drain pump. Tub won't drain but everything else works. My son and I shop vacced the water out, flipped it over and the pump was too hot to touch. It also has a discolored area from something leaking. It was humming, too, when we were running a drain cycle. A quick search on youtube revealed a replacement video with the same discoloration. Easy swap out but a pain in the ass in the cramped work space in my laundry room. New pump is coming tomorrow, hopefully before I leave on vacation.
That sucks. I had a 10¢ piece of pot metal break and take out my Maytag dryer. Could only get the full motor assembly $110. And in order to replace it, it was inevitable you were going to destroy the exhaust fan, another $40.

All that for a cheap $460 dryer.

Oh, and it broke two weeks out of warranty and they wouldn’t honor it.

Waiting for either the washer or dryer (matched set) to die so I can take both to my dad’s and shoot the ever-living shit out of them, then dump them in a ravine.

Reactions: Flyn

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
We run a basic bitch 25 year old washer/dryer combo for a reason. They're simple. No circuit boards or fancy water saving bullshit.
They eat power and water and turn out clean clothes.
I miss mine. I had something like "Magic Chef". You set everything. They just wore themselves out and no parts were available.

My mom has Lady Kenmore from 1973 in "Harvest Gold" and they still work. Matched set of washer/dryer/refrigerator/range. The fridge gave up the ghost years ago, and the range needs to be replaced as only two of the burner elements are trustworthy (even with new elements), and the over is questionable.

When the supply shortage ends I'm getting her a new set of everything. She's earned it.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
its amazing how well appliances are designed to fail precisely after the warranty these days. I really hate planned obsolescence, I am all about function over form. We're running an early 1980s Maytag set the previous owner left 12 years ago. All mechanical and serviceable. I've replaced a $10 ignitor, drive belts and hoses. They are indestructible and do not die.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
its amazing how well appliances are designed to fail precisely after the warranty these days. I really hate planned obsolescence, I am all about function over form. We're running an early 1980s Maytag set the previous owner left 12 years ago. All mechanical and serviceable. I've replaced a $10 ignitor, drive belts and hoses. They are indestructible and do not die.
I had to replace the fridge that went with the washer/dryer/range/dishwasher. The freezer was barely as cold as the fridge was supposed to be, but it lasted over 30 years. I got a sick deal on a french-door bottom freeze from ABT, which was a floor model marked down about 40%. When they were delivering it the guy said that all these new appliances are made to be "disposable". Get a few years out of them and replace them.

Fuck that!

Reactions: radioguy6 and Flyn

Thread Info