South beach
Real Name
Go Go
giphy.gif

Reactions: FastKatt

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
So finally got someone to pick up at iPass. I asked them nicely if I can simply pay my tolls and they remove the fees, I mean I had the transponder in the car, sorry I’m not responsible if it screws up.

The dude literally said they cannot remove it because it costed them time and money to contact the dmv to get records. He said I could dispute it, but by the time they got to it my fines would be even larger.

I literally was laughing and said well guess ur not getting a dime then. They have literally no power. Wanna go to collections over 10 bucks? Sign me up. I’ll pay 10 dollars while you paid hundreds to farm it out to another company.

Illinois is full of brain dead idiots. No wonder we are broke.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So finally got someone to pick up at iPass. I asked them nicely if I can simply pay my tolls and they remove the fees, I mean I had the transponder in the car, sorry I’m not responsible if it screws up.

The dude literally said they cannot remove it because it costed them time and money to contact the dmv to get records. He said I could dispute it, but by the time they got to it my fines would be even larger.

I literally was laughing and said well guess ur not getting a dime then. They have literally no power. Wanna go to collections over 10 bucks? Sign me up. I’ll pay 10 dollars while you paid hundreds to farm it out to another company.

Illinois is full of brain dead idiots. No wonder we are broke.
This is the same bullshit we’re dealing with right now. Time to burn the IHTA down.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
This is the same bullshit we’re dealing with right now. Time to burn the IHTA down.

They can’t do shit, so I’m going to make them shell out way more money than my tiny toll and fine is. I literally said, I want to pay you what I actually owe, like I want to give you money, erase the stupid fee and ill pay right now…. “We cant”

Welp now you get nothing and it’s costing you more. It’s like how stupid can you be? Take my money for the tolls…… or shell tons more money out trying to collect 15 dollars in tolls and fees.

A few bucks that they are owed….. vs hundreds trying to collect. “We pick shell out more money!”

Idiots

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Weird couple years ago I didn't get one of my purchases added. Missed like 3 tolls. Year later the fee was 250.00. Called like 5 months later.Showed that I had signed up that car. She reduced it to the missed tolls and all was well.

Yea they can see when you sign up the car, I told the guy it shouldn’t matter because I had the stupid transponder in the car. He said well these violations were before you added the vehicle so u need to pay the fine.

Again not happening. They can just keep increasing the fee, no skin off my back.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Just sayin:

giphy.gif

There are a LOT of other states without a toll system and their roads are way better than ours. Abolish the bullshit.
You are not wrong. My trip east earlier this year I hit those toll roads and literally wtf'd. 40 bucks per state to pull an empty trailer to drive on ground up construction zones the entire way.

Went through a couple different states on the way home.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I remember a few years ago I found what I had at the time presumed was another April Fool's prank with a Duralast branded package of 10 mm socket since I could never find them in the stores and they could not find the part number that was in the picture.

Looks like just like O'Reilly's they figure it out it is a popular thing
20210830_062140.jpg

FUCK YEA!

Bulk 10mm sockets. Oreallys
View attachment 92524

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Each day (or night) I have to give one of our cats SQ (subcutaneous) fluids to help stave off her CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease).

Tonight the disposable needle was quite firmly on the end of the line. In my attempt to remove it, the cap came off. The bone in my knuckle kept the 18ga needle from going all the way through my finger. Since that wasn’t enough, during my reaction while pulling it out, the tip (which is beveled) sliced my skin open.

Been bleeding for a good 30 minutes…

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I moved it

naw, I saw him tossing a football with his kids in the front yard, I haven't seen the kids here in a while. At that time (5ish) it was still where it had been. Had to run an errand, and when we came back, the kids were jumping on the trampoline.

It's funny, yesterday at lunchtime, I was staring out the kitchen window and was gonna post here that it was still there, but then though, naw, who cares. LOL

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Also, side note: worked at Adventist Hinsdale, got hired when it merged with Alexian Bros to become AMITA back in 2018, this took them from 4 hospitals to 6. We were still struggling with the logistics of merging another hospital system when we merged with Presence Health which brought us to 11 or 12 hospitals in total. AT that same time, they sold off our entire department (Revenue Cycle - aka insurance and billing) to a 3rd party company. That's when I started looking and found a great job at EEH, a small 2 hospital system.

At lease both EEH and North Shore are Not For Profit Hospitals (yes) so our department being sold to a 3rd party (or the same 3rd party as AMITA) is very unlikely due to the not for profit aspect of the hospitals, but still, mergers are always interesting. Been through many, at my first company that I worked at, same building in 10 years, we had 3 company names/mergers/splits. 2nd company I worked (also for 10 years) we bought/sold/merged/split with many different colleges.

I guess the only constant is change.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Working for the Death Star and getting things done is like explaining what the color 9 smells like to a cat.
There is an absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of security on our company phones like we have the nuclear launch codes in them or something.

Got new company phone.
New phone bricked after turning it on.
2 hours on phone with IT.
Reset phone.
Told to use company WiFi.
Wireless software protections won’t let company phones work over company WiFi.
IT guy says to erase phone and start over on cellular.
SIM card protections won’t connect to cellular.
Reset phone.
IT guy tells me to deactivate company protections.
I’m not authorized to deactivate company protections and cannot because I’m not admin.
Pull SIM card, reset phone.
Cellular finally connects.
Company WiFi forces it’s way in.
Phone bricks.
Reset/erase all content.
Cellular connects………all is good?
Only took 4 hours

Try to access computer with passcode that has to be accessed via secure ID app on company phone……..secure ID app needs URL link that is in email……..email cannot be accessed without passcode from the app that’s on the phone that can’t connect without the link.

They essentially lock the doors with the keys inside and then want to write us up when we can’t respond to emails or enter timesheets.

Thread Info