🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The power pull down in the GTA destroyed its nylon track guides after 30 years. So I replaced them.

Immediately the motor got stuck and then proceeded to strip the plastic screw drive that raises/lowers the lock.

Figuring the gear was also 30 years old I bought a replacement gear.

Put it all together, it goes down smoothly, then clicks when it hits the travel limiter. Great!

Release the button like I popped the hatch and it goes up, and up, and up, and the motor stops, but doesn't click.

I fiddled with it, and then it starts going again, but immediately strips the brand new plastic drive gear. ARGH!!!!!

So, either the housing is allowing flex and that's what strips the gear, or the bearings on the worm gear inside the motor are allowing it to flex enough that it strips the gear.

Either way, my car is without a functioning hatch lock right now and its gonna take days to get a new one.
View attachment 91930

I just rebuilt mine with the upgraded housing and new gear even though my gear from 3 years ago was fine. My guides were absolutely shot but I didn't get new ones so an fuck ton of grease was used

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Then why did you get the shot? Shot is supposed to give you antibodies, if you had it, you already have those.

Just curious.

Antibodies aren’t forever (neither is the shot) and if I get the shot I don’t have to walk around my work with a mask on (main / only reason)…

Reactions: boostedguy05

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
FUCK YEA!

Bulk 10mm sockets. Oreallys
20210619_193514.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We got new kitchen appliances in February (that we ordered on Black Friday and had to wait)

a month ago the ice maker stopped working. That took almost a month to get fixed. Was fixed on Tuesday. Saturdaythe fridge started acting up, getting loud. Sunday even louder. Today it crapped out, after 2 calls to GE to tell them it was not going to last. The tech even lives in our neighborhood but they can’t force them to work past 5. Fuck

Thread Info