💬 OT 🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Friends house down the block from me, gator from the pond behind the house went for a dip in their pool. Went through one screen and out of another. Happened this morning are 1am

Can see the glowing eye in the pool and then it crawling out.

Not sure how to post the video.

View attachment 159769

View attachment 159770

View attachment 159771
No No No GIF

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Just got back from Maher Chevy in St. Pete. Dont ever go there. Those motherfuckers are scam artists. Went to grab a AC Delco Gold battery for the vette and was gonna use GM rewards points which we use for parts all the fucking time. Got to the parts counter and the guy cant find my rewards account. First says since you didnt buy the car from them you cant use GM rewards points at their dealer. Then feeds my a line of bullshit that you cant use them for parts. I pull up the site and show him it says for car purchase, accessories and GM/Delco parts. Then tells me if I pay cash he will give me a super discount. Has the battery already sitting on the counter because I called ahead. I look at the battery (wish I took a pic of it) it was taken out of someones car, had mud on it and looked 8 years old, no caps and no handle. I'm like, this doesnt even have a handle? He says I've got 6 more in back and none have handles. I said bullshit, get your manager. He says I will get you another battery and give you my employee discount. I said you damn straight you will. I walked out of there so pissed off.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Ha, he was just going to pocket that cash and give you a used battery.
Super common if noboday cares or is watching.

I took over a gm dealers parts department, after a few of the parts staff left, I noticed inventory counts were off, found that the past staff and manager were billing customers on a invoice, if they paid cash they would give the change back that was owed and keep the rest never giving the money to the cashier. then they would credit the invoice out and not change the inventory, I Told the owners at the time from this day I’m not responsible for any inventory issues or lost money. They were totally understanding.

• Angry
Reactions: cdh027

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Just got back from Maher Chevy in St. Pete. Dont ever go there. Those motherfuckers are scam artists. Went to grab a AC Delco Gold battery for the vette and was gonna use GM rewards points which we use for parts all the fucking time. Got to the parts counter and the guy cant find my rewards account. First says since you didnt buy the car from them you cant use GM rewards points at their dealer. Then feeds my a line of bullshit that you cant use them for parts. I pull up the site and show him it says for car purchase, accessories and GM/Delco parts. Then tells me if I pay cash he will give me a super discount. Has the battery already sitting on the counter because I called ahead. I look at the battery (wish I took a pic of it) it was taken out of someones car, had mud on it and looked 8 years old, no caps and no handle. I'm like, this doesnt even have a handle? He says I've got 6 more in back and none have handles. I said bullshit, get your manager. He says I will get you another battery and give you my employee discount. I said you damn straight you will. I walked out of there so pissed off.

With or without battery?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I've been having bird problems. Its kinda cute that we have a cardinal nesting in the bush right in front of our window, but we also have one in the wreath on our front door. That bitch scares the shit out of me when I'm trying to leave for work every morning. The tree above my driveway is like a shit shooting range too. I normally like birds, but they're really starting to overstay their welcome.

Last night I was in the garage with the door open because the weather was good. I left for 2 minutes to grab wash my hands. When I came back a dumbass robin flew into the garage and couldn't find its way out. It was smashing itself against the ceiling, door, walls, and finally shit on my tool box just before making its escape. It might be time for a pellet gun.
1682612757948.png

• Angry
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Super common if noboday cares or is watching.

I took over a gm dealers parts department, after a few of the parts staff left, I noticed inventory counts were off, found that the past staff and manager were billing customers on a invoice, if they paid cash they would give the change back that was owed and keep the rest never giving the money to the cashier. then they would credit the invoice out and not change the inventory, I Told the owners at the time from this day I’m not responsible for any inventory issues or lost money. They were totally understanding.
Or play the warranty sin-bin game, moving VIN#'s, etc...

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've been having bird problems. Its kinda cute that we have a cardinal nesting in the bush right in front of our window, but we also have one in the wreath on our front door. That bitch scares the shit out of me when I'm trying to leave for work every morning. The tree above my driveway is like a shit shooting range too. I normally like birds, but they're really starting to overstay their welcome.

Last night I was in the garage with the door open because the weather was good. I left for 2 minutes to grab wash my hands. When I came back a dumbass robin flew into the garage and couldn't find its way out. It was smashing itself against the ceiling, door, walls, and finally shit on my tool box just before making its escape. It might be time for a pellet gun.
View attachment 160251
My mindset... They don't pay rent, they get "evicted"

The other morning, found some doves trying to build a nest on our front light. Yea, no buddy GTFO!

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Welp... Having issues with my AT&T fiber internet. Had some disconnects several days ago but it reconnected after a minute or so. Then this morning wifi went down, so I power cycled the gateway and it came back. Now, it just doesn't reconnect. Looking at the ONT box, I get a feint red light with the power. It'll turn green along with the data light and the power on the gateway is green. The broadband light blinks green then turns red. When that happens or right before it happens, the PON light also turns green on the ONT box and the alarm light turns red, then back to a feint red power light on the ONT box.

Closest available appointment is Tuesday but closest available that I can maybe be there for is Wednesday between 4 and 8pm. So a few days without internet.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Rear ac lines on a town and country seized on the stud coming out of the expansion valve. Took me a sawzall and an air hammer just to get it apart enough the puller would bite.
View attachment 161827
When my air went out on my 2014 grand caravan. I simply traded it in on something with a warranty.

Dealer knew it didn't work and still gave me 6k on trade.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Do yours run along the rails or coil over the shaft? My dad's snapped, and went along the rails. On its pendulum-like swing down it nailed the fender of his truck.
70595981169__21B71AC2-3B1D-4736-B859-99A1A51CAD6C.jpeg

Happened at the last house. We bought the tool for the spring. My brother in law is a civic engineer, he’s handy (I’m not). He did the last spring and will
Be helping us with this spring as well. Just a pain in the ass.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
View attachment 162669
Happened at the last house. We bought the tool for the spring. My brother in law is a civic engineer, he’s handy (I’m not). He did the last spring and will
Be helping us with this spring as well. Just a pain in the ass.
I used some extra threaded rod I had laying around. Halfway through tensioning it I realized I should be wearing work gloves ?

Reactions: sktchy and blue-sun

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
When my air went out on my 2014 grand caravan. I simply traded it in on something with a warranty.

Dealer knew it didn't work and still gave me 6k on trade.
100% they cut those rear lines, rolled the ends up, covered em in jb weld and shipped it too. Then you end up pulling the inside of the van apart to replace the evaporator, expansion valve and you might as well do the blower motor too after it's been left open and road salt and water just beats off the back tire with nothing shielding it there.

I've gotten to where I just undo the bottom seat belt nut, bungee the panel back and do what I need to do back there but it's a requirement that our ac works in the transportation biz.

This one just dumped the dye at the evaporator when sitting in the shop over a weekend after a test charge, somehow lost a good bit of oil and dye but only a couple ounces of refrigerant. I can only assume it's because the leak was vertical and the oil sat lower.

Moparts only sells the whole HVAC line assembly with the heater hose lines attached with brackets and as expected they're not cheap and also not available at the parts stores. There is a nice retrofit for 300ish that's available online if you don't mind throwing some metal shards around to make it happen and it works brilliantly. I now keep a set on hand since they take a week to show up.

I will buy a $6k 11-19 gc or t&c on sight as long as it runs and the body is in good shape. You can put a transmission or cam and rockers in it and still be ahead of dealer used or salvage and have those problems anyway.

Thread Info