💬 OT ðŸ¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Family emergency popped up Sunday. I’m fucking tired as hell now. Called off work for the first time in decades.

B3BF8698-5878-4F08-A489-391DE4C0C75C.jpeg

C1059BAD-6734-426D-924E-9431EC3545F7.jpeg

D3F66CE1-C28B-403D-8361-1B2D58B2E80F.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
1pm I got out of the shower and noticed some water on the floor, thought maybe I didn’t close the shower curtain all the way, threw my towel down and started soaking it up…….then the water kept growing. OH FUCK!!!! I sprint into the utility room to see water pouring out of the bottom of my water heater.
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

10 hours later with my father doing most of the work because of my crippled ass still suffering from a herniated disc (1 year anniversary of that 5 days ago) the new water heater is in and I have to fight through an immense amount of pain to get everything cleaned up and get the dishes done before I go to bed. I sent the wife and kid to a hotel for the night so they can shower and get some sleep.
I got to the leak and shut the water off fast enough so there seems to be no water damage and the seeping into the bathroom was actually minimal. I’m lucky I had a drain hose still next to the water heater and got that on to drain the tank into the actual drain that seems to be at the highest point of the room of course.

But the new one is in.

0ABDEAD3-770E-4E6C-9C98-6EBAFDF49D77.jpeg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
1pm I got out of the shower and noticed some water on the floor, thought maybe I didn’t close the shower curtain all the way, threw my towel down and started soaking it up…….then the water kept growing. OH FUCK!!!! I sprint into the utility room to see water pouring out of the bottom of my water heater.
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

10 hours later with my father doing most of the work because of my crippled ass still suffering from a herniated disc (1 year anniversary of that 5 days ago) the new water heater is in and I have to fight through an immense amount of pain to get everything cleaned up and get the dishes done before I go to bed. I sent the wife and kid to a hotel for the night so they can shower and get some sleep.
I got to the leak and shut the water off fast enough so there seems to be no water damage and the seeping into the bathroom was actually minimal. I’m lucky I had a drain hose still next to the water heater and got that on to drain the tank into the actual drain that seems to be at the highest point of the room of course.

But the new one is in.

View attachment 150602
New Rheem's are trash. Thanks for visiting my TED talk.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Getting a new Duracell CR2032 out of it's protective packaging just now. Jesus fuck...

I get that they're doing it so that some children don't ingest them, but for the mother of gawd, even adults can't get them out. I damn near lost a finger trying.
It's easier to open a pill bottle. Fucking beyond retarded how they package these.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
crooks crooks

Maybe if it was fresh, but not that nasty mfer.
Reminds me when me and a crew I was working with were doing a driveway for somebody. On the way to work, one of the workers saw a car hit a deer. So after they got to work they asked to go pick it up. Boss said okay and off him and a few others went. We ended up laying a fresh new sheet of plastic down in the back of a 6 wheeler while one of the guys cutted and gutted. Put all the meat in coolers and took it home (they did). The next day the one worker brought some and we made a makeshift campfire and he made some stew.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
There were couple of things which made my day not very pleasant . First of all, I just received couple of bills today and they are much higher than i expected.
Second, i had difficulties to control my blood sugar and doctor said i should order myself victoza online and stay on this meds for some time.
I was super proud that i can manage my diabetes with the diet and exercises but obviously what i am doing is not enough.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Came down to find out my 3D print warped and there was a ball of goo on the printer. Started pulling the ball of goo off. Stripped the wires on the extruder fan, and shorted them out in doing such.

I haven't checked but I'd say that odds of me burning the driver transistor up on the board are markedly high.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’m leaving for Mexico in exactly a week… this is my daughter today. From about birth to 2.5 years we were getting sick (little colds and stomach bugs) constantly from her being in daycare but ever since she turned 3 we’ve been really healthy. Now that we are about to finally take a real vacation this happens. apparently contagious as all fuck and she also has a positive strep throat test. I’m a bitch with getting sick too, high fever and chills every time.
57FC5B71-6A05-4A01-9662-0F387B1D5CE5.jpeg
D800CCE7-0FC2-4958-89AD-483816ECCC2C.jpeg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Hand foot mouth disease is no joke. I hope it isn't too bad for her and your family.
It’s actually not HFM, it’s impetigo which is carried by strep. Luckily it isn’t contagious 24 hours after antibiotics so she can go to school but the poor thing is itching so much I had to go run and get her calamine lotion today

Reactions: GTvert90

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
It’s actually not HFM, it’s impetigo which is carried by strep. Luckily it isn’t contagious 24 hours after antibiotics so she can go to school but the poor thing is itching so much I had to go run and get her calamine lotion today
Great another disease I can look forward to catching from one of these little monsters. Lol

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Getting a new Duracell CR2032 out of it's protective packaging just now. Jesus fuck...

I get that they're doing it so that some children don't ingest them, but for the mother of gawd, even adults can't get them out. I damn near lost a finger trying.
I saw packing for them that theyre making them "sour tasting" as well. :bowrofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, that plastic insert that they actually put the battery in.

Seriously, I need to break out a Dremel with a fucking cutting wheel just to get a battery out. You're supposed to be able to cut them out, but a regular pair of scissors are ineffective. Damn near need tin snips or something...

20230302_134932[1].jpg

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Pics? and who did the work?
14408ABC-5375-4CCC-BA2D-AE8C5F6F6D46.png

Not everyone’s cup of tea but bright, bold traditional is my jam. Working to get the sleeve wrapped up this summer. Did the panther and heart/rose both yesterday.

My guy John at High Class Studio in Des Plains does my work.

I believe the owner there has a pretty clean cadi low rider.

Thread Info