💬 OT ðŸ¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Had tickets for a concert tonight that I purchased back in September of 2019. First show was supposed to be March 2020, but of course it was a week after the "only two weeks to flatten the curve" bullshit started, and was postponed to 2021. Then for 2021 it was postponed for 2022. Was looking forward to it since I had good seats.

Drive down to the Pilsen neighborhood, spend 30 minutes looking for parking. Walk about four blocks and stand in the cold for another 30 minutes waiting to get in, only for them to be asking for vaccination cards and ID. WTF? Told the dude we live in the western 'burbs 26 miles away and no one asks for a vaccination card for anything. Not even fucking masks. Haven't been into the city for almost 3 years, how the fuck are we supposed to know we needed them? No dice. My card was at home, the g/f doesn't have one.

I don't know whether it's the venue covering their ass or just more of Chicago's stupid fucking exception to the rest of the state. But what a fucking waste. I gave my tickets to the older couple that were standing in front of us in line, who had regular floor seats. At least they didn't go to waste, and they were delighted.

To add injury to insult (yeah, I have it reversed), I pulled a muscle in my back while getting ready. Tucking in my shirt and sneezed (thanks to my 3+ week sinus infection). POP! Knew it was fucked right away. Didn't have time to ice it so it just got worse the more I drove to the city and back.

The only redeeming qualities tonight was schooling a fart-can Evo who kept trying to race me coming out 290. Waited till I heard his shit can sharting and planted my loud pedal. Bone stock G37 just pulled lengths on him. And I was able to grab some fresh Cinnabon's while they were still warm from the oven. So going to drown my sorrows with a cinnamon roll and not think about the sugar shits I'm going to have tomorrow.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
For fuck sake. Trying to pull out cloth wiring and aluminum wire in the basement. Soo much fuckery and hack shit. Some dumb mother fucker cut all the grounds off everything. Nothing grounded. All the outlets are rated for copper only but we’re wired to aluminum wire. When there is a ground that is being used.. surprise!! It’s actually being used as a white wire. Every box is wayyy overstuffed like this too.

11D3A61B-6486-470A-8136-FAB7A3EB7B8B.jpeg

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Had tickets for a concert tonight that I purchased back in September of 2019. First show was supposed to be March 2020, but of course it was a week after the "only two weeks to flatten the curve" bullshit started, and was postponed to 2021. Then for 2021 it was postponed for 2022. Was looking forward to it since I had good seats.

Drive down to the Pilsen neighborhood, spend 30 minutes looking for parking. Walk about four blocks and stand in the cold for another 30 minutes waiting to get in, only for them to be asking for vaccination cards and ID. WTF? Told the dude we live in the western 'burbs 26 miles away and no one asks for a vaccination card for anything. Not even fucking masks. Haven't been into the city for almost 3 years, how the fuck are we supposed to know we needed them? No dice. My card was at home, the g/f doesn't have one.

I don't know whether it's the venue covering their ass or just more of Chicago's stupid fucking exception to the rest of the state. But what a fucking waste. I gave my tickets to the older couple that were standing in front of us in line, who had regular floor seats. At least they didn't go to waste, and they were delighted.

To add injury to insult (yeah, I have it reversed), I pulled a muscle in my back while getting ready. Tucking in my shirt and sneezed (thanks to my 3+ week sinus infection). POP! Knew it was fucked right away. Didn't have time to ice it so it just got worse the more I drove to the city and back.

The only redeeming qualities tonight was schooling a fart-can Evo who kept trying to race me coming out 290. Waited till I heard his shit can sharting and planted my loud pedal. Bone stock G37 just pulled lengths on him. And I was able to grab some fresh Cinnabon's while they were still warm from the oven. So going to drown my sorrows with a cinnamon roll and not think about the sugar shits I'm going to have tomorrow.
Dang. I thought that ended?

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Found out last night some high school kids were playing hide and seek with cars and decided to park in our driveway and block the street on both sides so the car in our driveway couldn’t leave. Then they decide to walk around our house and try peeking in windows. Then moments later the cops show up and one of them drives off.

What the in fuck is happening with kids today?

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Found out last night some high school kids were playing hide and seek with cars and decided to park in our driveway and block the street on both sides so the car in our driveway couldn’t leave. Then they decide to walk around our house and try peeking in windows. Then moments later the cops show up and one of them drives off.

What the in fuck is happening with kids today?
It's all fun and games until one of them gets punched in the face.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I had my first physical therapy session for my back injury today. Felt good to get the electronic pain relieving pads put on and do some light stretching and get a little movement finally. An hour later I’m sitting in my garage screaming and wincing in pain just trying to get out of my fucking car and now I’m walking like my hip is out of alignment. Fuck this hurts.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
We used to play tag with our cars when we were kids. One guy was IT and needed to touch the other guys' cars with his. We tried to keep the dents level down most of the time. I was chasing my buddy one time and he turned into a driveway to hide. I blocked him in and started laying on the horn. He backed into me a couple times and then bolted across the grass when the house lights came on. Times were different. You could buy a running car for a few hundred bucks.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had my first physical therapy session for my back injury today. Felt good to get the electronic pain relieving pads put on and do some light stretching and get a little movement finally. An hour later I’m sitting in my garage screaming and wincing in pain just trying to get out of my fucking car and now I’m walking like my hip is out of alignment. Fuck this hurts.
Sorry to hear. Back injuries are no fun.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Sorry to hear. Back injuries are no fun.

This is really frustrating and honestly it’s a little depressing. I’m usually really active and now I can’t do shit without my back tightening up and hurting like hell and it’s making me wonder what it’s going to be like in the future with a very labor intensive job.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
We used to play tag with our cars when we were kids. One guy was IT and needed to touch the other guys' cars with his. We tried to keep the dents level down most of the time. I was chasing my buddy one time and he turned into a driveway to hide. I blocked him in and started laying on the horn. He backed into me a couple times and then bolted across the grass when the house lights came on. Times were different. You could buy a running car for a few hundred bucks.
So, my first girlfriend (going back to the early 90's) had four uncles (brothers). Two of them were only a year apart and were basically Distraction and Destruction, Mischief and Mayhem. They were very much alike and would do the funniest shit.

So when they lived in Villa Park and both went to C.O.D., sometimes they'd have classes near the same time, and they'd drive separately. That's the set up... Now for the fun part.

When they saw each other on the road, going the same direction, they'd just slam into each other. Side-swiping, rear-ending, you name it. Bumpers and exhausts were held on with chicken wire and coat hangers. They did it simply for the look on other people's faces in traffic that would have that witnessed it. They literally would be driving down Roosevelt road banging into each other for a few miles. Parts would be falling off as they went down the road.

One brother became a pastor and the other eventually became the Commander of a local police department, and then Chief.

For someone sworn to uphold the law, he did some of the funniest shit that he absolutely would have gotten arrested for.

Reactions: Jon01

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
A well known issue for the 5.0 2UR-GSE lexus motor. Valley plate coolant leak repair.

Lexus used a sealant that the pink coolant over time will wear through causing the leak.

My 2008 ISF lasted 175K beat on miles so not too bad.

valley plate pic.jpeg

UPDATE: The hits keep coming. Drive side knock sensor/harness replacement needed and found a leaky DI injector as well.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Called Moen to get a replacement cartridge for my kitchen sink. Of course, automated system, but what pisses me off is the two choices. Either give your phone number to have them call you back, or hang up. No option to sit on hold.

Gonna have to get another google voice number for shit like that.
My problem is when I do the phone number to call back, my phone blocks it as it thinks it's spam. So straight to voicemail, and start all over again.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My problem is when I do the phone number to call back, my phone blocks it as it thinks it's spam. So straight to voicemail, and start all over again.
That would piss me off too. I probably just go to the store to get the replacement part for $10 instead of deal with this bullshit.

To get support online you have to volunteer even more information.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info