💬 OT ðŸ¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm watching the crew clearing the lot next to my house for a new home build and they take out one of my 3 palm trees that are on the property line.

I went out yelling at them to stop before they took out the other two. Those trees give me my afternoon shade. I pulled out my measuring wheel and showed them that their survey stick was 25" off. We found the original, correct, property marker buried nearby and they moved their stick. They stopped work, called out the superintendent and we decided they would leave the other two trees in place. I actually like the look of the two trees better than the three so it was FUCK at first but worked out OK.

I also told the superintendent to make sure the swayle between our lots flows water to the street and not towards my home. I will remind them of that when they get to that point.

They also said they are going to need to take out my neighbor's fence on the other side of the lot. Just because the superintendent annoyed me, I told them that fence may have been there undisturbed and obvious for 20 years so that may be a legal issue for them. The fence is still there.

Another FUCK point was I cut back their trees to the property line just a few weeks ago. Took me two weeks to clear the entire lot line with a chainsaw. They came in and cleared everything in two days with their backhoes. If I had waited, I wouldn't have had to do anything.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
When Amy got home from her pedicure with my daughter who is in town, I told her to go outside with me and wave her arms around at the trees and look pissed where the superintendent could see her. That's hard for her to do. She kept smiling. Nice wives are great unless you don't want them to look nice. :rolleyes:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
On the weekends I try to not take any of my sleep meds to give my body and brain a break. It usually leads to just starting to fall asleep then waking right back up, repeat that about 20x a night.

I've basically been awake since Friday morning with no more than about 5 minutes of sleep per session. Finally relented and decided to take one of my horse tranquilizers. I got it out, went to do something else, and am so tired that I can't determine if I:

A - Took it and am waiting for it to kick in
B - Set it down but am too tired to find where I put it
3 - I'm pulling a Tiger Woods and am actually sleep-typing this

Problem is, if I did take it, I can't take another for a minimum of 12 hours. If I didn't take it, and misplaced it, I'll be zombie with a migraine all day tomorrow. So to error on the side of caution I should not take another one. which means I might be in for another night of barely nodding off before waking right back up, :mad:

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Got told our terminal is for sale yesterday. People walking around looking at it now… fuck. Best case is new company offers same dollars to stay and keep working here. Middle is get offered to transfer somewhere else, so would have to move. Worst case is they have nothing for me and I got to find something else.

• Sad
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
So took a look as the snow had melted today and found this.... what in the actual fuck, how did it do this? Was it panicking trying to get away from a predator when it decided to try to get through such a small hole? And then got eaten from inside the fence? Weird. Gotta figure out how to clean it up, looks like maybe something tried to pull it further through?

66673298722__C307C188-774A-4426-8060-42568E8A4065.jpg

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in my lower back. The next ten years of being a lineman is going to absolutely suck.

I blew my bottom disc when I was 23 and already had degenerative arthritis on the lower three. Good news is you will relearn how to lift, walk, pretty much everything to do with life and eventually you’ll be in pain less and less over the years. I’m 48 now and still plumbing! Between the inversion table, massages, and Alieve 12hr, you learn to cope.

I still have unbearable pain from time to time but much longer good stretch’s at least.

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Need replacement parts for the dryer. More of an inconvenience than an actual FUCK but still. Last time I replaced the parts, it was almost 2 years ago. I guess it's not entirely bad but still.... Sucks needing to replace the pulley, balance/support wheels, belt, and spring.

Must be a Maytag Neptune.. Although I bought my set exactly 20 years ago and they’ve been great, I have become quite the expert in all the parts you mentioned! (Don’t buy cheap Amazon garbage, you’ll be swapping parts at a much faster pace..)

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I blew my bottom disc when I was 23 and already had degenerative arthritis on the lower three. Good news is you will relearn how to lift, walk, pretty much everything to do with life and eventually you’ll be in pain less and less over the years. I’m 48 now and still plumbing! Between the inversion table, massages, and Alieve 12hr, you learn to cope.

I still have unbearable pain from time to time but much longer good stretch’s at least.

This shit absolutely sucks. I’ll be fine for a few hours and then it feels like I got stabbed with an electrified knife. I’ve got a raging headache from wincing in pain and trying to push past it just so I can stand up or even wipe my ass. The muscle spasms have stopped which is good but now I’m getting shooting nerve pain that hurts so bad it takes my legs out. On the bright side they hit hard and go away immediately unlike the paralyzing spasms which had me writhing in pain for a few minutes. I’m officially on disability until God knows when, calling tomorrow about physical therapy and I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Friday. Luckily my disability covers me at full pay for all but 3 months then switches to half pay, if I’m not back at work by the time that hits I’m going to be severely pissed off.

Reactions: justbob

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This shit absolutely sucks. I’ll be fine for a few hours and then it feels like I got stabbed with an electrified knife. I’ve got a raging headache from wincing in pain and trying to push past it just so I can stand up or even wipe my ass. The muscle spasms have stopped which is good but now I’m getting shooting nerve pain that hurts so bad it takes my legs out. On the bright side they hit hard and go away immediately unlike the paralyzing spasms which had me writhing in pain for a few minutes. I’m officially on disability until God knows when, calling tomorrow about physical therapy and I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Friday. Luckily my disability covers me at full pay for all but 3 months then switches to half pay, if I’m not back at work by the time that hits I’m going to be severely pissed off.
I get that in my right shoulderblade where the levator connects. But it doesn’t go away immediately. Might take an hour. Sucks when I’m on the cruiser hours from home and have to stop every 15 minutes to let it calm down.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Must be a Maytag Neptune.. Although I bought my set exactly 20 years ago and they’ve been great, I have become quite the expert in all the parts you mentioned! (Don’t buy cheap Amazon garbage, you’ll be swapping parts at a much faster pace..)
It's a Samsung. Bought it brand new back in 2015. A couple years ago the balancing/support wheels got severely damaged and kept making the drum go "thud" with every rotation. So I replaced everything to be less hassle later on. Fast forward to now and the belt was messed up (got caught up). Figured I'd replace it all again. 2 years between repairs and only costing $25-$35. Not bad in my book. More of an inconvenience but it is what it is.

Reactions: justbob

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I saw my next door neighbor apparently for the last time on Tuesday. He had already gotten rid of the abandoned 300C in his driveway, and around 10:00 at night he was pulling up to the house with a tiny uhaul trailer.

Today I saw this along with the same three workers walking in and out.
PXL_20220221_215419019.jpg

The lead guy was very loud and had no issue talking with the neighbors. I guess the neighbor wasn't a hoarder. He was just a disgusting POS. I've seen cleaner mattresses chilling under an overpass. The one they pulled out of the house looked as if somebody had shit on it over and over again. I wanted to puke.

I wondered how he got away with regularly missing trash day for entire months. Anyway, I guess the house is getting completely gutted, rehabbed, and sold. I had no idea I was living so close to such a hell hole.

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Update: the neighbor two doors down (other side of shithole) stopped by to chat. They've lived in the neighborhood a bit longer than I have and know the dirt on most people around here. She's a lawyer and on the HOA board. Apparently that house wasn't really his. When I first moved here seven years ago his mom and son lived there as well, and the house was very respectable from the outside. Everything went to shit when mom/grandma died. She was the owner of the house (bought it brand new) and her son and grandson came to stay when the son got divorced. Since he no longer had to do any "chores" he just didn't do any. Keep in mind that I'm talking about 55+ grown assed man. It sounds like he's just used to being waited on and taken care of all the time. Eventually his son even got fed up with it and moved out. Anyway, he wasn't paying taxes on the inherited house and got foreclosed.

Fun fact: he was strapped all the time. I have no problem with guns, but if you need your piece on your hip (sometimes in his hand) to let your dog out the back door or grab something from your truck in your driveway, then stable is not word I'm gonna use to describe you. :wtf:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The two pit bulls on the other side of the new build next to me get out of their yard daily. They keep coming over to see my dog. He lunges to get off his line and sometimes pulls so hard he falls down. Sooner or later, he'll break it and be FREE and he'll probably chase them for blocks and/or get them pregnant. Neighbors have a fence but they don't seem to be able to repair it to keep their dogs in.

The bigger pit bull came over yesterday and was licking my hand. She's a cutie. Nothing against the dogs, just against incompetent owners. As in most suburban places, it's totally illegal to let your dogs repeatedly run free around the neighborhood but they don't seem to care. I'm not one to call cops on neighbors and am not looking forward to going over there to discuss the situation with them. They apologized once already but didn't do anything to fix the problem. If they buy the materials, I'd give them a hand fixing the fence.

Thread Info