what made you say FUCK today?

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
The power pull down in the GTA destroyed its nylon track guides after 30 years. So I replaced them.

Immediately the motor got stuck and then proceeded to strip the plastic screw drive that raises/lowers the lock.

Figuring the gear was also 30 years old I bought a replacement gear.

Put it all together, it goes down smoothly, then clicks when it hits the travel limiter. Great!

Release the button like I popped the hatch and it goes up, and up, and up, and the motor stops, but doesn't click.

I fiddled with it, and then it starts going again, but immediately strips the brand new plastic drive gear. ARGH!!!!!

So, either the housing is allowing flex and that's what strips the gear, or the bearings on the worm gear inside the motor are allowing it to flex enough that it strips the gear.

Either way, my car is without a functioning hatch lock right now and its gonna take days to get a new one.
View attachment 91930
I just rebuilt mine with the upgraded housing and new gear even though my gear from 3 years ago was fine. My guides were absolutely shot but I didn't get new ones so an fuck ton of grease was used

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
Just use a bungee or big zip tie to hold it down for awhile

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
What one did you get?
Pfizer.

#1 was easy. Some tingly hands and that was it.

I got #2 at 9am, less than 12hrs later I was a wreck.

they say it’s because #2 hits after your body has already built a healthy amount of antibodies and it sends it into overdrive.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pfizer.

#1 was easy. Some tingly hands and that was it.

I got #2 at 9am, less than 12hrs later I was a wreck.

they say it’s because #2 hits after your body has already built a healthy amount of antibodies and it sends it into overdrive.
That's what I got. My 2nd is July 1st.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
No issues after my second, but I also had covid 6 months before I got my first shot so.. idk.
Then why did you get the shot? Shot is supposed to give you antibodies, if you had it, you already have those.

Just curious.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
J & J, one and done. Zero side effects. Can’t even say my arm was sore where I got the shot. Was like a sibling or friend gave a mild bump in the muscle.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Buy em while you can fellas it looks like once they are out of stock there will be no more of them. Something new is showed up on the Shelf they put something else in its spot

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've got 1 that NONE of you has

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just have a 10 mm Craftsman socket that is cut down to super ultra short height and I would probably just tack weld an extension on to it.

Got to love the tools that make headaches disappear

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
We got new kitchen appliances in February (that we ordered on Black Friday and had to wait)

a month ago the ice maker stopped working. That took almost a month to get fixed. Was fixed on Tuesday. Saturdaythe fridge started acting up, getting loud. Sunday even louder. Today it crapped out, after 2 calls to GE to tell them it was not going to last. The tech even lives in our neighborhood but they can’t force them to work past 5. Fuck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom