💬 OT 🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Classic Advice from a car sales man........

:picard:

Not a chance in hell Id giveup that easy.

U will always be the clown of TCG

giphy.gif

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
A lady in a minivan backed into the g/f‘s parked car, where it is parked every weekday, for the last four years. She didn’t even bother to look as she backed up.

Interestingly and impressively her car shows an “impact detected” light on the dash.

7C759815-1948-40F1-8BA4-4F1D6B7579E8.jpg

2A97A89D-039F-4BEE-9994-446554442C59.jpg

C3ADAAC5-F02F-47D6-9AEC-BC68AE9D3340.jpg

5FFE21CD-024A-43DA-A8E8-91262FCAA0B5.jpg

The forward collision warning light?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My gut reaction to the damage done to your girlfriend's car
The damage itself isn’t too bad, but it’s going to be a major hassle to get it fixed. She works anywhere from 12-14 hour days and doesn’t have the flexibility to just drop it off at a repair shop and pick up a loaner on a whim. You need to consider the disruption to her daily routine and life rather than just the physical damage to the vehicle.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
The damage itself isn’t too bad, but it’s going to be a major hassle to get it fixed. She works anywhere from 12-14 hour days and doesn’t have the flexibility to just drop it off at a repair shop and pick up a loaner on a whim. You need to consider the disruption to her daily routine and life rather than just the physical damage to the vehicle.

No shit, I've had my vehicles backed into a few times. Twice on the road I grew up on.
Its a total inconvenience having to deal with insurance, rental car, bullshit etc

Again which is why my original post is

"Weak"

:)

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
A heat gun heating up the plastic and a piece of wood or plastic pushing from the inside can get that out with in 5 min. You won’t be disappointed how much better it will come out.
Yeah, no. There’s damage behind the bumper cover and the hood is misaligned. Leaving it as-is until insurance looks at it. Not to mention the bumper supports tore through the cover.

Don’t want to give the insurance company any reason to doubt the claim or cover less than what’s required.

Cosmetically it’s bad and I hate it too, but not touching it.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
This unpleasant discovery in my garage tonight:

08001A41-09FA-446D-A990-940F5163D496.jpeg

I’ve slowly re-organizing my garage and moved a bunch of my spare oil, coolant and misc. chemicals to this shelf. I reinforced it with additional screws but guess it wasn’t enough. Could have been a lot worse. Luckily the shelf only grazed part of the rear quarter panel and didn’t scratch or break any windows. There was some brake fluid that may have gotten on the rear wheel, but cleaned it off thoroughly and haven’t noticed any peeling yet. Fingers crossed it’ll be fine.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Wife took my son to his track practice yesterday afternoon. Daughter (Natalie) and new doggie went along. I was at home doing the yard work.

I had just finished our yard, cleaned up and was heading to the other house to do that yard. Grab my phone and there is a text from my Wife.

The new dog attacked a little sewer rat dog that was at the practice. Like literally took off after him, full neck of the sewer rat in his mouth, frantically shaking him side to side, then threw him down and pounced on top of him holding him down.

We're not sure what transpired. He was on a leash, in his harness (which he prefers vs. a neck collar) and my daughter was sitting on the ground with him (he was in her lap because he loves her). She turned to grab something and he was gone... We think this sewer rat must've gotten too close or something to Natalie and he went in to protection mode.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Here's a post I forgot to write a couple days ago. I have an email I just let go and get spammed, but there's still some stuff that gets emailed to it. I check it seldomly (well skim through) to make sure nothing important. One of my PayPal accounts is linked to it.

Well I woke up and checked my email and saw several PayPal notifications for transactions (not necessarily out of the normal as Amazon processes transactions at all hours). So I logged into PayPal to check them out and low and behold 7 transactions totaling almost $600 are pending for all online orders. Figured my PayPal debit card got compromised and I couldn't dispute them online as they were "Pending". So I called them up and they opened up cases for the 7 transactions. Looking at each transaction, and I saw it was my secondary card I have (for my wife), that she hardly ever uses. 3 transactions have been canceled, 3 are still pending as of today, and 1 went through. So I have to contact PayPal again to get the completed transaction reversed.

Hell, I don't think it would have bothered me if it was my wife who made the purchases, but all the purchases were between 2:30am and 4am, and my wife and I DO NOT shop at Dicks Sporting Goods (which so happens to be the only one that went through so far). I told my wife to buy a RFID wallet or purse. That's the only logical conclusion I can think of how it being compromised since the only other time she used it was a few weeks back to fill up on gas and the station she used doesn't have anything that would make it easy for somebody to do the card reader scam.

• Angry
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Thread Info