🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
I was served with divorce papers that were filled a month ago.
There wasn't an argument that lead up to it, it was out of the blue.
Apparently, I'm not "helping" enough. I shouldn't want to goto a local craft beer place, after work. (Never there past 7:30pm, only go 1-2x/week & not every week).
Keeping in mind, we go out together for margaritas or beer/wine...
It's been talked about for the whole month. We went to counseling Monday & set another one for next week.
I'm contesting, for now... Waiting to see how the next week goes. We'd be growing away 20yrs (married 18 of them)
Up side, if this happens... I'll buy a 2nd gen VMAX

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Apparently, I'm not "helping" enough. I shouldn't want to goto a local craft beer place, after work. (Never there past 7:30pm, only go 1-2x/week & not every week).
It's been talked about for the whole month. We went to counseling Monday & set another one for next week.
I'm contesting, for now... Waiting to see how the next week goes. We'd be growing away 20yrs (married 18 of them)

Sorry to hear but if it gets this far with divorce papers and she wants a divorce. Just end it and move on u will find somebody who u can make happy and will make u happy. Don’t contest it not worth it the end is near if u prolong it will get worse. It’s bound to end now or later. Just my 2 cents good luck.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

Ive been with same woman since highschool. Yes young dumb and in the military. However Im here to say counseling does work. It can be incredibly refreshing to hear someone else point out you maybe the most rational between the 2 of you.

And help figure out how to break things down into managable bites instead of turning into chicken little everytime something rubs you the wrong way.

Ive got 2 boys 18 years in the military and 6 deployments. It is indeed a miracle I am still married.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I see it as you're looking at it as "throwing away 20 yrs"

People change, so this might be a new feels for her. So you can't punish the past years, I imagine they were good times.

If it's time it's time...

I'd hate to see someone try a few more years only to then say "throwing away 23 years"...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sorry to hear but if it gets this far with divorce papers and she wants a divorce. Just end it and move on u will find somebody who u can make happy and will make u happy. Don’t contest it not worth it the end is near if u prolong it will get worse. It’s bound to end now or later. Just my 2 cents good luck.

i have seen it go the other way though, my parents friends had a similar story to FastKatt FastKatt's... filed for divorce, dated other people for maybe just under a year... now back together and stronger than ever.

Reactions: FastKatt

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I can kinda see it as

Once someone cheats... It's done and never full hearted afterwards.

Once papapers are drawn up..... It's fine and never full hearted
It’s out of the blue though, like no discussion. Unaware there was anything going on. It’s someone you built your whole life with. You’re not going to try and figure out what happened, try to resolve whatever it is?

So your spouse is doing something for years that really bothers you and harms your perception of the relationship and love for that person. You make no effort to let them know how you feel or what they’re doing for years and then one day just serve them divorce papers. How is that fair?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ive always been of the position that if either party feels they would better off alone then please see nearest exit.

Otherwise I try look past my nose and feel like Ive always tried to set tangeable long term goals and building a better life with my wife.

Be it new house, new jobs, taking vacation together, ect. As long as both are willing to work for a better tomorrow together I see zero reason to bail or give up.

Ive watched PLENTY of people especially in the military not put enough effort in to save it even then be miserable when reality slaps them in the face with the thought of being alone.

"Not always greener on the otherside"

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
FastKatt FastKatt

Good Luck Man. Sorry you are dealing with this shit.

7142_0.jpg

Reactions: FastKatt

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nah, me personally, not gunna persure it. One of the hardest things to realize is that there are actually more women out there

not a hard thing to realize at all.

but decent/good/great women are few and far between, and solid chance at your age, or FastKatt FastKatt's age, you're also likely going to be raising someone else's kids if you do find a decent woman.

plenty of places to park the meat missile.

few and far between for finding a good partner.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
not a hard thing to realize at all.

but decent/good/great women are few and far between, and solid chance at your age, or FastKatt FastKatt's age, you're also likely going to be raising someone else's kids if you do find a decent woman.
The market dried up quick late 20s into 30s for me. People unready for commitment, too career minded to even think about having a family or putting you at some reasonable level of priority, already out of their first marriage and have 1+ kids, still just a party girl living a metropolitan lifestyle, or straight up crazy.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
See how this has not just 'come out of nowhere' ;)
?
I’m saying you can’t have a covert contact with someone. You don’t get to decide in your head that if you do X and Y doesn’t happen, it’s over (within reason).

take a girl out to pricy dinner and drinks then expect she’s going to come home with you. If you ask and she says no, you have the right to be upset with her for not respecting the contract in your head she’s got no idea about?

Reactions: Rent Free

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I see it as you're looking at it as "throwing away 20 yrs"

People change, so this might be a new feels for her. So you can't punish the past years, I imagine they were good times.

If it's time it's time...

I'd hate to see someone try a few more years only to then say "throwing away 23 years"...

giphy.gif

I don’t think this is something that she just said fuck it I want a divorce over night. I’m sure it’s being lingering for a while.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
i have seen it go the other way though, my parents friends had a similar story to FastKatt FastKatt's... filed for divorce, dated other people for maybe just under a year... now back together and stronger than ever.
Been there and done that a few times. Always my doing and not my Wifes. I was a MFer and would sometimes go on weekend benders. Go out Thursday night and come home sometime Sunday lol. Bar/club hopping with my guys, smashing different chicks whenever that happened.
Never divorce papers, but she has moved out a few times anywhere from 6-12 months. Those times it was a fucking free for all at my house lol.
but decent/good/great women are few and far between,

few and far between for finding a good partner.
Ive come to realize this and it took a lot of mistakes for me to realize it. My Wife is truly a ride or die type of bitch. She has been with me at my lowest points in life and at my highest points and truly stayed loyal after all the dumb shit I have done.

Thread Info