💬 OT 🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I finally got someone from the states on the phone. They're telling me the SIM card isn't compatible with the phone. Both use the same nanoSIM card, and it's branded VZW. Customer service couldn't help so they sent me to tech support. Oh that's another 20 minute wait. In this amount of time wasted so far I could have driven back to the store I got the SIM card at, drove my truck through their front windows and parked on top of the general manager while I beat the ever living shit out of him. I could have been arrested, bailed out, and back home by now. This is fucking ridiculous.

And for some reason they can't send me any verification codes to MY cell phone which is the primary on the account. WTF?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm at the other house this evening. I brought the dog with me because he wouldn't let me go without him (he loves his car rides...). So I'm cleaning things up, topping off coolant on the old van, and doing a few other things and that fucking moron takes a shit on the driveway... I wanted to punt him in to next week. There is a ginormous yard to shit away in and this fucker has to do it on the concrete.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
LOL He picked that spot on purpose. Looked attractive to him.

I get annoyed when the neighbor dog (female) comes over to piss all over our grass. She wants our shepherd to notice her so MUCH. Then he licks the spot. I KNOW he's going to want to lick my mouth next. I don't want that random dog piss transfer.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Decided to swap my stepper motors on my cluster because a few have been acting up. Turns out someone has already been in there and burnt the fuck out of the board in some spots. I was able to repair some traces on my temp gauge but my oil pressure gauge seems to be a lost cause and is just pegged at 80 now :rofl:

Need to see what my options are, if someone better than me can repair it or snag a used cluster and swap over the chip that houses the odometer reading.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Decided to swap my stepper motors on my cluster because a few have been acting up. Turns out someone has already been in there and burnt the fuck out of the board in some spots. I was able to repair some traces on my temp gauge but my oil pressure gauge seems to be a lost cause and is just pegged at 80 now :rofl:

Need to see what my options are, if someone better than me can repair it or snag a used cluster and swap over the chip that houses the odometer reading.
If the trace is screwed, what about soldering in a wire to jump the connection to where it needs to be.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
If the trace is screwed, what about soldering in a wire to jump the connection to where it needs to be.
Honestly I don’t know if I could pull that off. I’m an amateur at best and just don’t have the intricate tools to pull that off. The traces are real real short on the oil gauge so wasn’t much for me to work with. After that things are too tight for me to work with.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So last Friday, I drove the Caddy. Get home, have it running in the garage and hear what I deem an exhaust leak from the drivers side. Saturday, I put it up on the lift and sure as shit, found it... The Drivers side exhaust manifold, just like the passenger side a year ago, the weld to catalytic converter is cracking off. WTF!!!!! Now I have to do the drivers side too.

Then, back on Friday night, moving shit around in the garage, sliding a wagon with some stuff on it, back in to the garage, next to the car, a drawer slide from a shelving unit that the wife bought, fell off the cart, scratched the passenger side bumper cover, and then I noted it nicked the passenger side rear wheel (very noticable)... FFFFFFFFuuuccckjkk!!!

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Doing some pipe work at Unilever/Hellman’s plant yesterday and today. The tripled entry security / online pre training w/test / doubled security to leave / COVID crap and all the rules and safety measures seem ten fold than working at Fermilab! Don’t they understand the constant pressure that puts on a guy. Too much regulating could easily cause the very accident they are wanting not deal with.. But I get it, just don’t like it!

Reactions: guspech750

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Was drying off a cast iron pan today. Usually I drop it on the stove and hit it with high heat from the burner for about 2 minutes, which gets the pan hot enough to get the oils on it to their smoke point. Then i turn the heat down so it maintains the temp and finishes turning it to seasoning.

Usually I get that 2 minute timer started, today I forgot.

I noticed probably about 4-5 minutes afterwards when I smelled the oil burning.

Crap, I just destroyed the fuck out of the seasoning. So I had to wait for it to cool, scrub it and start from scratch. After it cooled the surface was a dull gray. Meaning I really did wipe that seasoning out pretty good. Not enough that it would rust, but enough that its certainly gonna cause food to stick like shit on your shoe.

Fuck.

Light coat of grape seed oil, wipe off excess with towel, bake for 1hr @ 450*F. Pull out of oven, let sit for about 10 minutes so it comes down to around 200*. Then repeat for another hour.

I might be able to get away with two passes, I'll see how it looks afterwards. Otherwise I'm gonna have to do it a 3rd time.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Got an SES P1815 code on the car today. Looked it up.. it's for the Drive/Drive Sport mode with the manu-shift. Possibly bad connection/ground or one of the three switches is bad. Okay.

You can't get the switches on their own, have to get the whole shifting assembly. They're over $600 and no longer made. Can ebay one, but there is a reason someone "no longer needs this in their car". Yeah, cause it is busted. Really don't want to have to scour a boneyard to find one.

:angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls:

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Email from my sons daycare stating they will be closing their doors permanently on February 26th. My son doesn’t deal with changes all too well and here comes another big one of adjusting to another new place and losing his friends that he just recently started opening up with. I’m praying there’s room for him at the other location in Schaumburg where some of the teachers are going and hopefully some of his friends wind up there too so he’ll at least have a few familiar faces.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Why the fuck won't people fix their brake lights? I almost rear ended this fucking chick today with absolutely ZERO brake lights. Not even the third light. She slams on her brakes to make a quick left in front of me. Not that I was following close, but at 55 when some slams on the brakes with no lights, you come up quick. She was also on her fucking phone while driving which also pisses me off to no fucking end.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Put the car on the 3Ah tricker charger overnight, was green (good to go) this AM. Get in the car, everything lights up as normal, push button "click". Nothing. No start. Hook up fully charged jumper pack, "click", nothing. Had to get out the door to get my mom to a Dr. appt. Fuck it, jumped it the good 'ol dependable GM truck and it fired right up.

Now I have to go back and figure out what the fuck is going on. It was fine yesterday.

:angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls::angrys00ls:

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The way the assholes park on the street across from my moms driveway. The silver car belongs to the house that’s three down and on a cross street. The street in front of her house is totally free of parked cars. The red one is the neighbor across the street whole could EASILY back it up 20 fucking feet!

A84C66FD-B907-4C1D-9C39-B0B232524D82.jpeg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Why the fuck won't people fix their brake lights? I almost rear ended this fucking chick today with absolutely ZERO brake lights. Not even the third light. She slams on her brakes to make a quick left in front of me. Not that I was following close, but at 55 when some slams on the brakes with no lights, you come up quick. She was also on her fucking phone while driving which also pisses me off to no fucking end.

Seeing this alot lately, and even on newer cars one or more are burned out. No one gives a fuck anymore. The oil in her car is probably molasses too.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
The way the assholes park on the street across from my moms driveway. The silver car belongs to the house that’s three down and on a cross street. The street in front of her house is totally free of parked cars. The red one is the neighbor across the street whole could EASILY back it up 20 fucking feet!

View attachment 76542
Back out really close to one. Then go get them tell them you are sorry but you backed into their car. Show them a spot on the rubber tire. Offer to call the police. Explain how sorry you are and it's just getting so hard to back up.
See if that doesn't scare them off of parking there.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I almost rear ended a civic one night cause no brake lights. I get out and tell the kid he has no lights. Says he does. Gets out and pulls off the blackout cover.

Too fucking dumb to tell him he’s a fucking idiot. Let him get rear ended.

Thread Info