🤬 what made you say FUCK today?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I just ordered it for pickup tomorrow from Advance. A DieHard Gold. It's an odd size, 101. I got 5.5 years out of it, so I can't complain. It didn't seem that long though. Seems just like yesterday that I replaced the original. The original lasted 6 years.

I am not carrying around a tool kit, jumper packs, etc, etc, in every one of my vehicles. This is the first time I've ever had it just conk out. There was no pre-eminent warnings. When I went out at lunch, there was nothing wrong. It fired right up and went and got food, fired right back up and went back to work. When the OEM one died, it at least gave me a warning in that it cranked hesitantly.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Notice I didn't buy it from Sears though! I don't trust my alma mater farther than I can throw the battery.

The DH Gold in the Suburban is probably pushing 7'ish and the plow is hard on the battery when lifting it.

That platform also uses an odd size that was superceded by a smaller one. The Bonneville was the same. This one in the V is up on the back passenger side of the engine compartment.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That’s why I have one of these in whichever car I drive. Jumper cables are nice, but if you’re by yourself they are only good for jumping rope.

Anker Roav Jump Starter Pro 1000A, 12800mAh, 12V Portable Car Jump Starter (Gas Engines up to 6.0L, Diesel up to 4.0L), Battery and Phone Charger with 3 USB Ports, SOS LED, and Jumper Cables https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPL6MJP/?tag=tcg21-20
thank you lithium.

I remember when a jump pack was like carrying around a regular 12v battery. Oh wait. It WAS a 12v battery! And it didn’t hold a charge, so you had to charge it before you used it.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Still no power after Monday's storms... A transformer blew or something in my neighborhood and it's estimated that only 120 customers are on this outage. It's also one of smallest outages that happened in the city and didn't involve replacing wires or having a traffic light out so Comed has it at lowest priority. The only generator that we could find after my work yesterday morning was a $200 Ford FG2050P at a pawn shop. I've got that running the chest freezer, refrigerator, and cameras on the house but we're also charging phones and booster batteries from it too...

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
If you have a garage a battery tender will significantly increase the life span of the battery if it’s hooked up each night.

Yes, it sits on a tender all winter. I drive it enough, usually at least once or twice a week on average, in the nice parts of the year not to need it. Last week I drove it most of the week for example.

However that reminds me, the one I have for the GTO is on it's way out, so I have to get another one of those too.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I got the column apart to replace the ignition cylinder and while the cylinder was out I figured why not check and start it with needle nose pliers. Nothing, nodda, no radio, no lights, nothing.

Hooked it up to a charger, and the charger showed like .5v, wtf while charging. Took charger off, hooked up DVOM. Zero point oh five volts.

Battery just turned 4 years old. Grrr....

Battery in the TransAm is Ded. Not just Ded, but Fucking Internally Shorted Ded.

Part 2 of Fuck!

I found a 4 digit code on the Ign Cylinder. Called up a LockSmith to see if it matches a key code, "We are closed till Monday". Seriously annoyed.

I could replace the lock cylinder, but then I won't have a GM key, and I LIKE the GM square VATS key. Instead of a generic non-gm key.

So I was hoping to find out for sure that the 4 digit code stamped on the cylinder is the key code.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Over at the other house doing lawn duties, weed whacking along the foundation at the back of the house, and the machine flung something at my leg. No biggie, that shit happens all the time, rocks, chunks of wood, yada, yada, I'm used to it and I continued on. Get down the to the other corner of the foundation and think to myself "Fuck, that still hurts..." So I look down to find a roofing nail halfway in my lower leg...

Pulled it out, which of course, that's when it bleeds profusely :D, went in the house and ran my leg under water for 15 minutes, dried it off, put a band aid on, and went back about my business...

Anyway, told the wife this as I was leaving the house and she made me go to urgent care. So I had to get a tetanus shot too.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Had a disagreement with a pole, a chainsaw and my arm. Could’ve been MUCH MUCH WORSE but somehow the twisting and falling pole section moved the running chainsaw away from my arm at the absolute last fraction of a second.
I watched the pole twist and start to fall and it somehow grabbed the saw and twisted it and the spinning blade came up at my arm. Really odd since my left hand wasn’t on the trigger and it should’ve at least stopped the chain from spinning.

I should be missing a chunk of my arm but got away with a nice scratch. Scared the fuck out of me because I knew I contacted the spinning chain and it took me a minute to actually look at my arm. One of those “I don’t want to see how bad I’m fucked up” moments.

IMG_9173.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My dad was using his chainsaw and had it upright. When he brought it down he somehow managed to catch his kneecap. Went right through the jeans and skin. Luckily the patella was there to keep it from going any further. To save the hassle of looking it up, the patella IS the kneecap, LOL.

Was also using one of the hand saws on a pole. Was holding the branch with one hand, using the pole and its weight for leverage with the other. The blade slipped and went right into the webbing of skin between the thumb and first finger. Middle of nowhere camping, so paper towels and duct tape to keep it closed.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
Spent two days (14 hours ea) spreading and grading 140 yards of dirt and 20 tons of rock. Spread grass seed and hay and it was perfect. Not even 24 hours later we get 4”of rain overnight. Entire are is trenched and rutted. All the grass seed is gone along with of the dirt. Yep, I said “Fuck” really loud in the morning.
A10133CA-805F-4B85-B63D-A84B58C1B7AA.jpeg

03338CA5-9EE5-4646-A4BC-8D2CF74C7C4E.jpeg
A2B3562A-FF07-4EAE-9FDE-FE7C24C6C67B.jpeg

8294F969-9D4B-4D12-98CD-859454D5DD5B.jpeg

D653D3F3-2C3E-40C9-9E93-F49ABC5F9227.jpeg

B1127DAB-B442-4657-B16E-449BF5BB4CAA.jpeg

37068B09-44D6-48C3-8641-1F50E35C7B1C.jpeg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Finally got the battery and the ignition cylinder replaced on the GTA. Fucker won't start, solenoid just clicks.

Power is good, battery fully charged. Starter is getting power to the solenoid but won't crank.

I can only assume the battery dead with zero volts and the starter not turning are related. I think I have a broken main power wire to to the starter. Which is. bitch to change because of the long tubes. Gonna be dicking around with a wire in a very tight spot soon and not happy about it.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just spent the whole day processing a file for two environments that was supposed to be scrubbed and vetted before I got it. 75,000 records I had to work through. Guaranteed it was 100% accurate. Wondering why I'm getting so many errors.

Go back and check the data. Out of the ~75,000 records almost 30,000 are duplicates (some entries are stored 4 and 5 times). It also has other variables in it that aren't supposed to be there because there is no programming set up for them.

No wonder why it's running so damn slow and maxing out the process cache.

:angrys00ls:

Waste of a fucking day.

Thread Info