đź’¬ OT đź¤¬ what made you say FUCK today?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
My son is getting over an ear/sinus infection and has that tickling cough that’s keeping us all up (wife and I have it too of course). We finally get him to fall asleep and “sneak” downstairs and my wife decides it’s a great time to put dishes away. To put it in perspective the ceiling in my main level of my townhome is at the same height as the ceiling in the upstairs bedrooms and the main level is very open so sound carries. That means you don’t put pots, pans, cookie sheets, baking pans and casserole dishes away when the 2 year old JUST fell asleep. Especially if you’re my clumsy wife who wouldn’t know how to be quiet if her life depended on it. Guess who dropped the baking pans and woke up the the toddler? My wonderful anti-ninja wife! I told her “You woke him up, you put him back to sleep!” I put the rest of the dishes away without making a single sound loud enough to travel out of the kitchen.

Things that are quieter than my wife;
The Ohio State Marching Band falling down stairs.
A Fourth of July fireworks show at a fireworks factory.
A baboon learning to play drums with Rush’s “Tom Sawyer”.
The Mexican Independence Day parade.
The house party in Cicero after the Mexican Independence Day parade.
The beach in Normandy on D-Day.
Putting drum cymbals in a bag with marbles and throwing it down a flight of stairs.

She got him back to sleep and then decided to start up her one man band imitation in the bathroom across the hall from my sons bedroom when she was taking a shower. FUCK!!! He’s awake again. I got him back to sleep with some daddy cuddles and classical music. Wife comes out of the bathroom and I told her “If this was like that movie A Quiet Place you’d be the first one killed. Seriously, learn to be fucking quiet. I don’t care what you’re doing, do it fucking quietly!” At the very least it’ll be a little quieter in the house since I’m sure my wife won’t be talking to me for a while.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Light post stopped an out of control RAV4 from landing on top of me at a light.

Screenshot_20200122-225908.png

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
i could just use a whole new car.

Amen brotha. Cock teased in a new DD thread, went and looked at finances and then was like. :nope: Fixing the shit I have apparently. Gonna wait a couple more years if possible then start eliminating cars from the fleet and consolidating out.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
woke up to a bunch of random charges on my playstation account. Fuckers changed my PSN account email too, phone support doesn't open until 10am and their chat box support is worse than useless. I mean its should be an easy fix, but fuck these assholes wasting my time.
Happened to my cousin and he said it was a pain in the ass to get it sorted.... More so just time consuming a bit. Now he will never put his CC info with Playstation. He buys ps cards at the store, which really is the smart way to do things.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I used to do the same thing with satellite radio so the fucks couldn’t auto-renew and hit my card at full price. Would argue a better cost over the phone and tell them to invoice me. Then I’d get a pay card for the exact amount and enter that.

Now I argue a lower price and have them mail an invoice, then do a paper check from online banking.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I used to do the same thing with satellite radio so the fucks couldn’t auto-renew and hit my card at full price. Would argue a better cost over the phone and tell them to invoice me. Then I’d get a pay card for the exact amount and enter that.

Now I argue a lower price and have them mail an invoice, then do a paper check from online banking.
I need to do something like that. Getting tired of paying $20+/month for sat radio.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I need to do something like that. Getting tired of paying $20+/month for sat radio.
I've been having an ongoing battle with SiriusXM for years now. I have it in two vehicles and every single time I have to renew I don't even bother dealing with their customer service. Just tell them right away to send me to customer retention. Then I tell them, "look, I don't need this service. I can stream for free with unlimited data. Give me your best numbers now or shut off service when current contract expires".

They'll usually throw some BS at you, you have to tell them it's not worth it. Then a few minutes on hold and they'll come back with a lower price but for some odd duration, like five or six months. I think my last interaction with them I got two vehicles with the premium channels for $70 for six months. So $35 a vehicle for the six months.

Have to call back today or tomorrow as it runs out on the 20th I think. Another big thing to say is, "when the contract runs out, shut off my service. You do not have my permission to automatically renew and continue services. Please note that in the account." Cause I can guarantee you that they'll send a renew reminder but they won't shut the service off. Then they'll bill you full price for any time past when the contract expired. They tried that shit with me and I flat out told them that they did not have my permission, consent, or agreement to continue the service. They wanted to charge me $60 for three weeks while being off contract when they had just offered me $70 for six months. Had to remind them that they have no legal ground to stand on since I did not give my permission, and they could go back and listen to the audio recording of the call where the operator agreed to note the account.

You have to play hardball with them. My shortest call to get a good deal was about 15-20 minutes. The longest which was to sort out a total clusterfuck they created was over an hour. But the short of it is that you have to be willing to tell them to pound sand. The "can stream for free from any number of sources with my unlimited data" really puts them on their back foot. They'd rather get 50% of what they charge rather than 0%.

Reactions: importcrew

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Happened to my cousin and he said it was a pain in the ass to get it sorted.... More so just time consuming a bit. Now he will never put his CC info with Playstation. He buys ps cards at the store, which really is the smart way to do things.

Thats a good idea. They just took care of it for me, got me back in and refunded the fraudulent charges. It was very painless. I rarely use PSN anymore and forgot to enable 2FA.

Reactions: importcrew

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I've been having an ongoing battle with SiriusXM for years now. I have it in two vehicles and every single time I have to renew I don't even bother dealing with their customer service. Just tell them right away to send me to customer retention. Then I tell them, "look, I don't need this service. I can stream for free with unlimited data. Give me your best numbers now or shut off service when current contract expires".

They'll usually throw some BS at you, you have to tell them it's not worth it. Then a few minutes on hold and they'll come back with a lower price but for some odd duration, like five or six months. I think my last interaction with them I got two vehicles with the premium channels for $70 for six months. So $35 a vehicle for the six months.

Have to call back today or tomorrow as it runs out on the 20th I think. Another big thing to say is, "when the contract runs out, shut off my service. You do not have my permission to automatically renew and continue services. Please note that in the account." Cause I can guarantee you that they'll send a renew reminder but they won't shut the service off. Then they'll bill you full price for any time past when the contract expired. They tried that shit with me and I flat out told them that they did not have my permission, consent, or agreement to continue the service. They wanted to charge me $60 for three weeks while being off contract when they had just offered me $70 for six months. Had to remind them that they have no legal ground to stand on since I did not give my permission, and they could go back and listen to the audio recording of the call where the operator agreed to note the account.

You have to play hardball with them. My shortest call to get a good deal was about 15-20 minutes. The longest which was to sort out a total clusterfuck they created was over an hour. But the short of it is that you have to be willing to tell them to pound sand. The "can stream for free from any number of sources with my unlimited data" really puts them on their back foot. They'd rather get 50% of what they charge rather than 0%.

been with XM for 13 years, I have a calendar reminder to call them every 6 months to renew for the $30 for 6 months. Its a fucking game that should never have to be played.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Little finger split open like a sausage this morning when brushing my teeth. Right at the crease and it’s been bleeding on and off all day, fucking hurts like hell when the dead skin snags my glove and the super glue isn’t doing shit.

Odd squeak noise from the rear of my Escalade that I can’t ID. Did the brakes last year now I have to hunt around in a cold garage for a low speed rotating squeal.

Pulled into the Speedway on Lake near 83, slowed down to make the turn to get past the pumps and as I hit the brakes my 20 ton work truck sped up as it was sliding towards the fuel pumps on the ice. Literally almost shit myself and I ended up stopped with the concrete post in between my cone holders and 1/2 inch from my front bumper. I’m pretty sure blowing up a gas station would get me fired.

Pulling poles on County Line Rd today in a marshy area. Ground is frozen, we should be good right? NOPE!!! 15 minutes into the day my foot breaks thru the ice and goes into the water up to my knee. Spent the last 3 hours trying to work with a frozen leg and not get frostbite while still getting something accomplished.

Almost flipped my work truck while trying to pull a frozen pole out of the ground. 60’ pole is supposed to be 8-10 feet under the ground line......these are buried 10-15 feet. Got the pole out, noticed the drivers front wheel was about a foot off the ground from the weight (that’s not supposed to happen) and that’s when the ground under the stiff legs decided to give way. Had I not taught myself to anticipate things like that and know what to do I would’ve destroyed a half million dollar truck. Just finished cleaning up the cab and I’m terrified to open the bins. Fuck it, I’m done.

Not my day today

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Little finger split open like a sausage this morning when brushing my teeth. Right at the crease and it’s been bleeding on and off all day, fucking hurts like hell when the dead skin snags my glove and the super glue isn’t doing shit.
Dude, you shouldn't be brushing your teeth that aggressively. Were you using a toothbrush or your actual finger? How sharp are your teeth? So many questions here ?
Pulled into the Speedway on Lake near 83, slowed down to make the turn to get past the pumps and as I hit the brakes my 20 ton work truck sped up as it was sliding towards the fuel pumps on the ice. Literally almost shit myself and I ended up stopped with the concrete post in between my cone holders and 1/2 inch from my front bumper. I’m pretty sure blowing up a gas station would get me fired.
You crash into a pump and it blows up the station toot-suite, odds are getting fired from your job isn't the worst thing that's going to happen to you. I mean, fire will be involved, but from a totally different perspective.

Reactions: SMRTSS1

Thread Info