May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1712672271534.png

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I bring a table into the test cell so I can organize all the parts and hardware for the test stand I’m building. Leave it for one week while I wait on a part from the machine shop and come back to all of this shit piled on top of the few things I still had on the table.

No wonder my boss doesn’t want us to have more tables because these animals just make a mess of everything.

IMG_3494.jpeg

• Yikes
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I bring a table into the test cell so I can organize all the parts and hardware for the test stand I’m building. Leave it for one week while I wait on a part from the machine shop and come back to all of this shit piled on top of the few things I still had on the table.

No wonder my boss doesn’t want us to have more tables because these animals just make a mess of everything.

View attachment 203623
I like the bundled CAT cable wire management (we'll keep it off of the floor) system.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I like the bundled CAT cable wire management (we'll keep it off of the floor) system.
Yeah one of the guys just left it on the floor with the table pulled out from the wall. Was like that for 2 days until today when I at least wrapped it around the electrical boxes and moved the table back.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Back in 2019, when the Focus was still in warranty, I had Ford do the oil changes, it's just easier that way in case of anything happening warranty wise. I don't have all the receipts scanned, but I probably will at some point scan everything I have for the car.

But, in January 2019, I paid Ford $87.48 to change the oil in the RS.
$57.42 for 6 quarts of 5w-50 Motorcraft full synthetic at $9.57 per Quart.
$6.20 for 1 oil filter.
$17.50 for labor.
$6.36 in tax.

For a grand total of $87.48 to have someone else change the oil.

Today, now that the RS is out of warranty, and I don't care about keeping the warranty I was lazy and forgot to order the nice nice Amsoil oil I wanted to use, so just because the trip is next weekend I ordered the Ford 5w-50 oil just to get it done.

In 2024:
$87.60 for 6 quarts of the EXACT SAME OIL as in 2019 at $14.95 PER Quart
$7.99 for the same oil filter as in 2019.
$8.06 for tax.

For the privilege of changing the oil myself I paid a grand total of $105.75 in 2024. God damn that oil got expensive. Need to think ahead and just order the oil I want to use next time and have it sit on the shelf. Jeebus.
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 1.41.17 PM.png

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Not that I don't respect wanting to put quality stuff in your car but unless it's a race car or somethin that needs high zinc I've really never seen anything do any better than store brand syn blend. They drink or leak the full synthetic stuff and running over 5k intervals is asking for it anyway. Deeznuts probably has actual data to prove me wrong though.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not that I don't respect wanting to put quality stuff in your car but unless it's a race car or somethin that needs high zinc I've really never seen anything do any better than store brand syn blend. They drink or leak the full synthetic stuff and running over 5k intervals is asking for it anyway. Deeznuts probably has actual data to prove me wrong though.
There are specific formulations for Direct Injection engines to help avoid developing deposits that increase the chance of LSPI.

It’s not a Ford thing. And you don’t have to use an OEM Oil, there are aftermarket oils from places like Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobile…etc. The Ford Motorcraft was the easiest and fastest way to get ahold of an Oil that meets the criteria.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
There are specific formulations for Direct Injection engines to help avoid developing deposits that increase the chance of LSPI.

It’s not a Ford thing. And you don’t have to use an OEM Oil, there are aftermarket oils from places like Amsoil, Royal Purple, Mobile…etc. The Ford Motorcraft was the easiest and fastest way to get ahold of an Oil that meets the criteria.
Absolutely agree with matching viscosity requirements and such but you can buy a 6 gallon box of dexos for what that one oil change cost.

Problem is the guys that take care of their shit like such will go to no end because they were taught to do things by the book and the rest of the worlds running around with the light dinging at them for 2 months before bringing their shit in asking why it rattles 😂

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Was out driving, doing errands before the trip tomorrow and caught a glimpse of this house through the trees.

HOLY FUCK. That's not a house, that's a fucking resort.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 4.58.47 PM.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I am not privy to their seasonal habits, but they have been running around like crazy the past couple of weeks. Almost had one with the G8 on Army Trail a few days ago. Them and Coyotes/Fox's are running like crazy. Not sure if it has/had to do with the mild winter or something.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I am not privy to their seasonal habits, but they have been running around like crazy the past couple of weeks. Almost had one with the G8 on Army Trail a few days ago. Them and Coyotes/Fox's are running like crazy. Not sure if it has/had to do with the mild winter or something.
Maybe its the solar flares and magnetic field fucking with the animals :rofl:

Either way, crazy in the middle of the day. Was going like 40-50mph too

Thread Info