💬 Off Topic ðŸ¤£ What made you laugh today?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Box Chevy capital of the world.

Well at least they have that going for em.
Chgo is the Box Chevy and G Body capital, always has been and always will be. We shit on every other state when it comes to Box Chevys and G Bodies. There are seriously some insane builds north of $100K here locally. Those aren’t even on the big rim racing seen, just cruisers with huge boosted motors.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Chgo is the Box Chevy and G Body capital, always has been and always will be. We shit on every other state when it comes to Box Chevys and G Bodies. There are seriously some insane builds north of $100K here locally. Those aren’t even on the big rim racing seen, just cruisers with huge boosted motors.
If I had the extra $$ and a large enough garage I’d like to have an 87 Grand Prix, as close to stock as possible. Maybe an upgraded engine/trans to something more recent, but body and interior stock. An Aero Coupe if possible.

Had two growing up (1979, 1981) as my first cars and have a huge soft spot for them.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
If I had the extra $$ and a large enough garage I’d like to have an 87 Grand Prix, as close to stock as possible. Maybe an upgraded engine/trans to something more recent, but body and interior stock. An Aero Coupe if possible.

Had two growing up (1979, 1981) as my first cars and have a huge soft spot for them.
Seen this pop up, interior is mint

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Seen this pop up, interior is mint
I don’t know what it is about the Pontiac body and interior (dash), but to me it’s the best looking of the GM brothers, Grand National/GNX excluded. The ‘84 Hurst Cutlass would be a close second.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I don’t know what it is about the Pontiac body and interior (dash), but to me it’s the best looking of the GM brothers, Grand National/GNX excluded. The ‘84 Hurst Cutlass would be a close second.
Agreed on both body styles and interiors! So cool to see a car in that era as the Grand Prix have a full set of gauges!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Agreed on both body styles and interiors! So cool to see a car in that era as the Grand Prix have a full set of gauges!
I really like that they made the gauges and the air vents the same size and shape. At a glance it looks like you have a dash full of gauges.

My 81 was super clean (in 1992) and had 21k miles. If I had 1% of the car knowledge I had now I’d have kept it as a garage queen. Had the anemic 231 v6 with a 2bbl and 3spd, but was so comfortable and nice looking.

Reactions: frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I really like that they made the gauges and the air vents the same size and shape. At a glance it looks like you have a dash full of gauges.

My 81 was super clean (in 1992) and had 21k miles. If I had 1% of the car knowledge I had now I’d have kept it as a garage queen. Had the anemic 231 v6 with a 2bbl and 3spd, but was so comfortable and nice looking.
Perfect candidate for a ls swap in today’s times!

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If I had 1% of the car knowledge I had now I’d have kept it as a garage queen. Had the anemic 231 v6 with a 2bbl and 3spd, but was so comfortable and nice looking.
Me and my buddies talk about that all the time. G Body’s were a dime a dozen in the early 90’s. Had we known then what we know now we woulda stashed a bunch of them away. I see super clean 87 Cuttys going for $15k. Buddy just picked up an insanely clean 80 or 81 Malibu for $8500. Has offers already for $12k-$13k, he is gonna hold out till someone offers him $15k.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Me and my buddies talk about that all the time. G Body’s were a dime a dozen in the early 90’s. Had we known then what we know now we woulda stashed a bunch of them away. I see super clean 87 Cuttys going for $15k. Buddy just picked up an insanely clean 80 or 81 Malibu for $8500. Has offers already for $12k-$13k, he is gonna hold out till someone offers him $15k.
My dad said the same about his muscle cars. Said they were cheap back then and no one had any clue they’d start bringing some huge numbers.

He had:
1964 Chevy Impala Convertible w/283
1965 Pontiac GTO that came with a 389 & power glide, that they made into a tri-power with a Muncie 4spd
1968 Plymouth Road Runner 383

He sees what they sell for on Barrett-Jackson and Mecum and just cringes.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My dad said the same about his muscle cars. Said they were cheap back then and no one had any clue they’d start bringing some huge numbers.

He had:
1964 Chevy Impala Convertible w/283
1965 Pontiac GTO that came with a 389 & power glide, that they made into a tri-power with a Muncie 4spd
1968 Plymouth Road Runner 383

He sees what they sell for on Barrett-Jackson and Mecum and just cringes.

my dad was picking up gto’s in the mid to late 70’s for next to nothing and was flipping them to high school kids in the neighborhood, he made so much money doing so. Once the boom was over for him our garage looked like a Pontiac dealer parts department.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
58EADEA9-F7C1-4D84-BDC2-BA3E1F2B01EC.jpeg

Thread Info