Homer Glen
754603A7-47F6-41F9-8BD6-B1AED99BE18E.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
In the video above, where the Civic crashes because they didn't secure the ramps to the truck with straps... I watched that happen at the track when the person next to me went to go load their Suzuki GSK-R1000 into the back of their truck. I looked over just as they started to give it some gas to walk it up the ramp. Yelled, "STOP STOP STOP!!!!! THE RAMP ISN'T SECURED!". They continued on, and when they hit the throttle the back tire spun and pulled the front edge of the ramp off the tailgate. The front tire was on the tailgate and the bike was standing on it's back tire, the lower fairing/catch pan resting on and against the tailgate. You could hear the fiberglass go "CRUNCH" when it happened.

Ran over to help and asked why they didn't stop when I yelled it was going to fall. They "thought" they could get it up quick enough to not worry about it. Took three of us to get it under control to get it back on the ground.

Dumb.

• Haha
Reactions: boostedguy05

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I once seen a guy unloading a car on north ave and say Bloomingdale rd around noon or so, he was unloading the car from a 50’ enclosed trailer and had a set of ramps that looked like we a made at like 12 years old for our bikes. I waited till he had the car off the truck, was impressed that he did make it happen. No worries.

Thread Info